A Good Anti-Oxidant Drink

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Some of y'all may have had chai in a health food restaurant; it's a tea drink. I have found a way to make it at home and it is delicious and soooo good for us.

Get Bigelow's Green Tea (decaf); it's got orange rind and spices already in it. Tear off the string and just put the bag in the mug and heat it in the microwave. Add a little milk or cream and lots of cinnamon. Sweeten with stevia.

Green tea is an excellent anti-oxidant and cinnamon is one of the best things you can have for Syndrome X (insulin resistance causing high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and weight gain). BTW, another thing that is excellent for Syndrome X is cellery. It also adds roughage and it takes more calories to digest it than it contains.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Some of y'all may have had chai in a health food restaurant; it's a tea drink. I have found a way to make it at home and it is delicious and soooo good for us.

Get Bigelow's Green Tea (decaf); it's got orange rind and spices already in it. Tear off the string and just put the bag in the mug and heat it in the microwave. Add a little milk or cream and lots of cinnamon. Sweeten with stevia.

Green tea is an excellent anti-oxidant and cinnamon is one of the best things you can have for Syndrome X (insulin resistance causing high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and weight gain). BTW, another thing that is excellent for Syndrome X is cellery. It also adds roughage and it takes more calories to digest it than it contains.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I forgot to mention you need to put water in the mug with the tea bag. I'm pretty sure most people know this, but considering you add milk or cream, I figured someone who is having a little cognitive trouble like me today might just put a tea bag in a mug by itself and heat it up.

Anyway, Karen, I'm glad you enjoy the green tea. I like the Bigelow Constant Comment black and green teas because of the orange rind and spices. It has spoiled me for drinking any other kind. I shop the sales on this tea like crazy.

Enjoy!

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Shamelessly bumping so more people can see it. This drink is really good.

Love, Mikie
  5. sb439

sb439 New Member

... so that more people can laugh when reading Mikie's second post ...
    love,
    Susanne
    (greenhorn in matters of green tea, but will try soon)