A good Dr. in the Lexingtonish area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ashleymarie, Mar 5, 2007.

1. ashleymarie

ashleymarie New Member

Does anyone see a good Dr. in or around Lexington? I'm in Richmond, going to school at EKU, so Lexington is pretty convenient, but I'd drive to Frankfort or Louisville or wherever to see a good Dr. I've been seeing my current Dr. for almost 2 years now. At first I was happy with him because he was finally able to diagnose me with Fibro. But as time has gone on, his solution to everything is to take more meds. Between Fibro meds, thyroid meds and birthcontrol I'm pretty much able to run a pharmacy out of my kitchen. I'm really wanting to find a Dr. with some other alternatives so that my liver is still functioning when I'm 30.
  2. melissaz

melissaz New Member

I am currently in Louisville dealing with CFS. I have heard some great things about a Dr. Beard in Louisville, which he primarily cares for FMS, so that is why I have not seen him yet. I will try to look up his full name to make sure that I have his last name spelled correctly for you. Good Luck!!
  3. melissaz

melissaz New Member

Dr. John Baird
    Healing Options
    1101 Herr Lane
    Louisville, KY 40222
    Tel: (502) 339-6550

Apparantly, he also has FM, so sounds like he can at least relate to what you are going through. Hope this helps!
  4. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

He is my fibro doctor and he has helped me so much.
    I'm still not perfect yet but so much better than I used to be.

He's really friendly and I feel like he listens to me.

The place where he is located is really nice too.
  5. GrumpyOldCat

GrumpyOldCat New Member

Ashleymarie,
    I go to the Arthritis Center of Lexington, they have several doctors there. Mine is Dr Paul Goldfarb. I have been very happy with him. There is also a Dr Egan who has consulted on my case when Dr Goldfarb has been out. I'm happy to have finally found a doctor who is really trying to help me, and really have no complaints thus far. He spends more time with his patients than any doc I have ever seen, and he listens. They are on Waller Ave in Lexington.
    Good luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/06/2007]