A Good Movie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If y'all like good old-fashioned, feel-good movies, you'll like "Dolphin Tale." I watched it on HBO this morning. That probably means it's out on DVD. Some might call it a bit "sappy" but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Love, Mikie
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

What a kawinkydink!

I watched a movie last night. It was about Joan of Arc. It was called "Dauphin Tale."

[This Message was Edited on 06/26/2012]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

What would we do without your wit and way with words? You bring smiles to our lips.

Fact: I went to school with Joan Van Arc. Remember her from "Knots Landing?" She always felt destined to portray St. Joan in a movie. Don't know whether she ever got the chance to portray her in any medium. She is a VERY nice person. She always knew she wanted to act. Her husband, John Marshall, went to high school with me too. They were high school sweethearts. He is/was a news anchor in LA. Don't know what either of them is doing now.

But, I digress...

Love, Mikie
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words. I don't remember Joan Van Arc as I never
    watched Knots Landing. Her name is highly apt for an actress as arc
    lights were used for stage lighting in the pre electric days.

It may be that I saw Joan when she was at the Guthrie Theater in
    Minneapolis. I saw most of productions during the first couple years.
    The big stars were Jessica Tandy, Hume Cronyn, Zoe Caldwell and George
    Grizzard (as Hamlet in a red smoking jacket). There was a young fellow
    who later became famous. I think it was Michael Moriarty.

Anyhoo I looked on Wikipedia. Joan has sure been in lots of stuff.
    Nobody I went to school with ever became famous. I did see in a recent
    alumni bulletin though, that 3 counties in Minnesota have sheriffs who
    are grads of my old college. I don't know as that's necessarily a good
    advertisement for a liberal arts college. LOL

Gaudeamus igitur.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is that was her given name. Her father and brother were sherrifs or deputies, memory is fuzzy today.

I also went to school with Hale Irwin, the golfer who never made it big until he was old enough to pay in the Seniors tournaments.

Our 50th reunion is in Aug. but I'm not going. I had a great time in high school with many friends but, somehow, it just doesn't seem that important now. I haven't kept up with any of my old friends. My ex is into that so he keeps me filled in on what's happening with everyone. Mostly, it isn't good. People are getting sick and old.

Take care.

Love, Mikie