A good romance movie based on a bible story

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Pottersclay, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I rented the movie, "One Night With The King." The story is based on the story of Esther in the bible. It is not completely accurate with the bible but I think the movie was done well. I feel it was one of the best romance movies I have seen in a very long time. I liked it so much I went and bought it. I think I have watched it three times this week.

See what you think.
  2. kgangel

kgangel New Member

OOOOoooo , I just loved this movie!! I agree, a good romance and a wonderful Story. Esther has Always been my favorite

God Bless you

Kgangel
  3. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

No, I haven't seen "A walk to remember." Who stars in it?

"A night with the king" was made in 2006. Not sure exactly when it was released.
  4. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I rented the movie at Blockbuster.

I will check our your movie too!
  5. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Hi All,
    I haven't seen "One Night With the King" but it's on my to-see list.

I have seen a Walk to Remember. Amazing movie. If you haven't seen it already, I also highly recommend "The Notebook" Not exactly what I would call a Christian movie, but still excellent and very touching. Definitely a tearjerker.

If you guys haven't seen "Facing the Giants" I highly recommend it. It really spoke to me about trusting God and is very encouraging. It's a movie about football, but the concepts can be applied to all aspects of life. Check it out.

Lms526
  6. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I haven't heard of "The Notebook" before. I have heard of "Facing the Giants." My kids watched that with the church youth group.
  7. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I posted a thread on this in October when I saw it at the theater when it first came out in our area. I was so impressed with it. I am glad you have seen it and I definitely encourage others to see it. It is very uplifting and romantic too. The King is so handsome. I loved his eyes. Esther is beautiful too. They make quite the couple. I love her boldness. It gives us all courage to fulfill our destiny.

Love,
    Nancy
  8. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I was really moved by the movie also.

Luke Goss is a very handsome actor. Did you know he has a twin named Matt? One night with the King was Tiffany DuPonts first movie roll. She did such a beautiful job...they both did.