A Great Doc experience

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by annie1202, Apr 23, 2007.

1. annie1202

annie1202 New Member

I finally found a doctor that understands and doesn't think I'm a complete nutcase!!

I went to a homeopathic/ wholistic doctor yesturday. They spent almost 2 hours with me. She went through all the lab work that I have had done - I mean really looked. I found out that I have chronic Epstien Bar, I had never been tested for auto immune disorders, although I had been told that I had been. And she said that she would easily dx me with CFS/FM, but wants to get the auto immune results back first. She confirmed that CFS/FM is NOT just depression. She was so kind and understanding, and assured me that I am not abnormal, that she sees many people with the same problems, and that she would do everything possible to improve my quality of life.

Wow! What a change from what I had been going through with my doctors. I now feel like there is a little hope or a little light at the end of the tunnel.
  2. Engel

Engel New Member

Glad to hear the good news. My rheumy "believes" also.
  3. kel589

kel589 New Member

wow Thats great,my doctor hasnt tested me for much.let us know what protocal he uses and how your doing? what a great day for you with lots of hope too.take care kel589
  4. annie1202

annie1202 New Member

Love to send him to everybody. It was comforting experience
  5. swifter

swifter New Member

For anyone in the Portland, Oregon area, there are two great doctors.
    Dr Howard Gandler, MD, and Dr Kip Kemple, MD.
    They are located at:
    Physicians Rheumatology
    2311 NW Northrup, Suite 207, Portland, Oregon 97210

I see Dr Howard Gandler, he takes time with you and really listens. But he is very strict on the medications, so don't lose any.

I dealt with the Kasier system for several years and I am sure that is the reason I haven't been able to get my Social Security Disability yet. I now have this doctor and what a difference in Attitude. I am on four medications now, instead of nine. I feel better, at least my brain works somewhat better.

It's extremely hard to find a decent Fibromyalgia doctor, so good luck to all of you.