A group picture and a special message to all of you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Feb 14, 2008.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello everyone-First I want to thank all of you for your kind words and praise, it is greatly appreciated.

I don't know what I would do with out this board, I don't always post alot, it has been a busy six months with the surgery and the foudation stuff and now the art show.

But I do look forward to coming here and reading how everyone else is dealing with their own lives, being there to support when someone is having a bad time, to rejoice and be happy for those wonderful times that do happen and just to know I am not alone.

I admire all of you for your courage and strengh and how no matter how bad you feel, when someone feels worse you are there for them.

Many times I want to reply to some but feel if I do for some and can't to all because of time, brain fog,ect that I am slighting someone.

I love the sense of humor this board has, everyone needs a good laugh more than once a day and we do have that here, it may be fantasy places or having penngies running all over the place, but it is a great escape and I thank you for that.

I just wanted you to know I am here, in the bushes sometimes, and do care how all of you feel and appreciate you for being here in my good times and bad.

Now I may be gone for next 4 to 5 days, I have to work tomorrow, my art show is Sat, Sun i will be in bed all day :) Mon and Tues are Dr appts. Then I get 2 days before I go back to work next Fri.

Wow that made me tired just thinking about that! I have to get up Sat at 7 AM, I am not a morning person. Anyway, look at my profile and you will see all 4 art peices I am entering. The watercolor on the bottom left was the first thing I had entered into a art show in 2003 and I won a 3rd place ribbon for it, I was so surprised and it encouraged me to do more.

I encourage all of you to find what it is you are passionet about and pursue it, it could be scrap booking photos, knitting, sewing, basket weaving or just a coloring book, crayons and the kids. It is a great stress reliever and passes many hours and you just get lost.

Thanks again for all you do for this board, each and everyone of you are special people and we stuggle and fight this fight together and hope one day we have our prayers answered-Carla
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Your pictures are super. I think you said something about framing in one post, but can't really remember. Do you do your own framing?

Always good to hear from you, find out what the girls have been up to, etc.

Hope you don't get too exhaustenized this weekend.

[This Message was Edited on 02/14/2008]
  3. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

You are so talented. Good luck at your art show and get some rest afterwards. You deserve it.
  4. deb0531

deb0531 New Member

Hey Carla, just wanted to add my best wishes to the list, you have a wonderful talent and I've enjoyed everthing you've shared with us. I'm tired just reading your schedule for the next few days, so don't forget to look after you in all your activity. I hope you'll let us know how you do . Deb
  5. jole

jole Member

Wishing you well on your art show. I still think my favorite is the swamp scene, but they are all great! Appreciate having you share part of your life with all of us.

You are such an up-beat person, and keep so busy. I really do admire you. Anyway, take care and try to find some time in there somewhere for a little rest.
  6. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Funny we are both having a art show this weekend.

I will let you know how It goes for me.

Best wishes, Denamay

PS. Your pictures look great!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/14/2008]
  7. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Wow Denamay, your art is really cool too. You and Carla have totally different kinds of pieces and ways of art. They are both so cool in each of their ways.

Good luck to the both of you.
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

Thank you for your good wishes, I am in a rush now to get to work and who knows what will happen there, it is either feast of famon, I am hoping for a slow day :)

Denamy- Are you showing at Greenbo ???? I don't know what part of the country you live in but that would be a hoot if we were at the same show. BTW-I love the pic in your profile, just magical-good luck with your show this weekend.

I hope everyone has a great day today-Carla
  9. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

at the art show this weekend but you don't need luck you have a wonderful talent.

Try to take care of yourself and your back. How is your back feeling by the way?

Take care, hon and have fun this weekend!
  10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I wish you all the energy in the world and a great day.

11. kholmes

kholmes New Member

A beautiful message and superb landscape paintings. You have a gift!

12. kjade

kjade New Member

That was a beautiful message you wrote. I find so much love and friendship on this board too. We all NEED eachother! I don't know what I would do without this board, truly.

You are right - there is a lot of humor here - this is a place we can all escape from these dd's. So many here are so intelligent AND talented!!

Good luck at your art show! From looking at your paintings, I know you will do GREAT!!