A Guide To All Sleep Disorders

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chris_3503, Apr 5, 2006.

1. chris_3503

chris_3503 New Member

Hello,

One-third of all adult Americans--about 50 million people--complain about their sleep. Some sleep too little, some fitfully, and some too much. Although one-third of our lives is spent asleep, most of us don't know much about sleep, not even our own. We don't even know exactly why we sleep, other than--like an overnight battery recharge--sleep promotes daytime alertness. Sleep problems profoundly disturb both sleeping and waking life.

Some useful resources to help you out from all kinds of sleep disorders:

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov
    http://www.sleepdisordersguide.com
    http://www.stanford.edu

Regards,
    chris
  2. chris_3503

chris_3503 New Member

Do you have any kind of sleep disorders?

regards,
    chris
  3. chris_3503

chris_3503 New Member

Hello,

Its nice to see replies to my post.So which kinds of sleep disorders you are suffering from jammer.Hope to talk with u further.

Regards,
    chris

4. Katee32

Katee32 New Member

thank you for the links
  5. chris_3503

chris_3503 New Member

HELLO,

i dont know which kind of sleep disorder you are suffering from could you please tell me few more symtoms about your problem.

Regards,
    chris
  6. chris_3503

chris_3503 New Member

Hello katee,

Its nice to see replies getting to my post. Do you have any kind of sleep disorders?

Regards,
    chris
  7. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

I have sleep apnea and restless leg syndrome along with fibromyalgia, lupus, bursitis, osteoarthritis, major depression and post traumatic stress disorder. I use a cpap and that has added quality to my sleep without a doubt. when i am tired and i am tired often i cannot wait to put my cpap mask on and go to sleep. I do remember that before my cpap I rarely went into deep stage of sleep dreamed a lot sometimes felt like all night i was dreaming. my neurologist agreed that i was not getting deep sleep and my oxygen levels dropped dramatically when i had an apnea episode so the cpap was prescribed. So sleep is very important to us. Not sure if the sleep issue is a cause of fibromyalgia or if the fibromyalgia causes the sleep problems. probably just a vicious cycle.
  8. chris_3503

chris_3503 New Member

Hello,

Yes you are right even i have heard about this kind of sleep disorders.

Regards,
    chris
  9. Paracelsus

Paracelsus New Member

Even the "experts" don't agree on what constitutes the right amount or type of sleep.

You will hear some say that you must get at least 8 hours of continuous sleep or else you are endangering your health (I don't buy that story).

Others point out that sleep is in the eye of the beholder, and that required amounts of sleep vary dramatically from individual to individual, from just a few hours to 9 or more hours per night.

There seems to be some agreement in the need for *most* individuals to get the all important "core" sleep, about 4-6 hours. Sleep beyond that (depending again on individual) is a cushion (or excess, depending on the situation).

Most normal people wake up one or more times a night but go back to sleep quickly and don't remember it when they wake up.

Insomniacs wake up one or more times a night, have trouble going back to sleep, and remember it in the morning (and fret about it). In fact, in-between wakings many insomniacs probably get a decent amount of sleep but remember only the awakenings.

Deep sleep (not dream, or REM sleep) is important because that is the time our body is busy rebuilding tissue, and most importantly, the immunes system slips into high gear.

Sweet dreams.
  10. chris_3503

chris_3503 New Member

Hello,

A disruption in the normal sleep cycle causes night terrors. Since it is during stage-3 and stage-4 sleep.A useful resource to help you from this kind of sleep disorder.check this.http://www.sleepdisordersguide.com .

Regards,
    chris

11. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Have just returned from a few days at an ocean beach relatively free from chemical pollution.
    There is a dramatic improvement in the quality of my sleep and it is not just the calming, holiday effect etc..there is something else going on..I have a negative ioniser...it helps a bit but not the same.
    Are you familiar with that wired up feeling when you wake..i lost that for a few days..it was good to be reminded of what is normal.
  12. chris_3503

chris_3503 New Member

Hello,

Sorry to say Slow dreamer i havent heard about this kind of sleep disorder. Anybody have any idea about Slow dreamer's post ? Any advice or suggestions could be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    chris
  13. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Most of the time I wake up with that wired up feeling. Its very strange as I feel wired but yet exhausted after just walking into the kitchen to get the morning coffee.