A Happy Dance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sacajawea2, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

My former history teacher sent me this and it is so FUN...upbeat......dancing in a train station...to the Sound of Music.

[This Message was Edited on 04/26/2009]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Took a couple tries, but finally got the video to play.

If you look on Youtube, you can also find Julie Andrews dancing in a Dutch
    costume complete w/ wooden shoes.

Now I feel just like I did half a century ago when I went to the movies and
    saw a great MGM musical. Feel like dancing myself! Wish they still made
    musicals. Julie's in her 70s now, but I bet she can still dance.

Tell your history teacher thanks.

3. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Cate and Rock, so glad you enjoyed it as much as I did...

I woke up (well, not that I actually slept much last night) heavy hearted and was pitiful this morning for sure...so glad I opened this. I will thank him, Rock! He sent it last week and I can't believe I waited a week to open it. And Rock, I was hoping you'd get to see it! It's definitely my favorite musical of all time, and my daughters too! They have their own dance, lol...I should put it on youtube! They loved it too.

I'll look for Julie in the the Dutch costume. I love Holland (and Belgium). When I lived in Germany is was in the most western city of that country and went to high school in Holland and to the dentist/orthodontist in Belgium...and of course shopping and kayaking and at the time the closest fast food (Burger King) was in Belgium. I've been in that train station..oh that was another lifetime...memories are a good thing to have!

4. springwater

springwater Active Member

If i had been there, I would have wanted to jump right in and join them...I know it must have been a promotional but there were plenty of other people, and they were clicking pics and stuff.

I think its also sweet that your history teacher and you have kept in touch all these years...

Juliew Andrews is in her 70s? She looks so young...she was so lovable in The Princess Diaries.

God Bless

5. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Glad you'all are loving it...it's had a lot of hits, eh! I noticed a red headed woman at 1:23 I think who seems to be covering her ears and I thought, oh, maybe she has FM/ME...or something similar...I imagine it must've been loud but so fun! I would've wanted to join in!