A Hot Toddy Please...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doloresf1, Mar 31, 2008.

1. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Does anyone have a recipe for a really good hot toddy?

I came down with acute viral bronchitis this weekend and would really like a healthy hot drink. No alcohol, please.

Thank you so much for any recipe you can share.

2. victoria

victoria New Member

you asked for it, no alcohol...

This has been talked about on the main CF/FM board quite a bit over a few years, altho I've never tried it. I don't remember who first posted it & swore by it, but, sure sounds like it would be powerful -- if you can drink it!

This is from the last post about it, made by lisapetrison...

Voodoo Tea

Easiest made in a drip coffee maker.

This is per one large mug of water used.

In a filter, place:

1 teaspoon green tea
    pinch of cinnamon
    pinch of cayenne pepper
    pinch of sea salt

In the pot, place:

1 peeled sliced garlic clove
    1 licorice tea bag

Add one mug of water. Brew. Let sit on coffee maker heating element for 10 minutes.

Pour in mug. Add the following:

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    Honey to taste

Hope that helps and you heal quickly!
    all the best,

3. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Sounds like potent stuff! I'm minus the licorus tea bags and cayenne pepper. Wonder if I could substitute cammomile and paprika. hmmm... It's rainy and 45 degrees here and I'm not wanting to make a trip to the grocery store tonight.

Has anyone actually tried this VooDoo HooHoo??

Thanks Victoria.

Hugs. doloresf1
  4. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

This tea sounds wonderful and I'm going to try it as soon as I can get some ginger root.

Can you please tell me how to store the ginger root to keep it on hand? Can it be sliced and frozen or what?

Thanks terch. By the way, do you know why Rafiki hasn't posted in a while? Is she doing okay? Thank you.

hugs. doloresf1
  5. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Thank you for the information about ginger. I'm going to do mine the way you freeze it. Sounds like you are a fine cook too! Ginger cookies...yummy!

Glad Rafiki is back. I worry about everybody.

I was at the doctor today and he prescribed an inhaler for my bronchitis because I'm wheezing. I'm getting good care. Thanks for your concern.

You take care of yourself. Okay? You may still be run down from your last cold. A little extra rest may help. I'm concerned about you too.

I'll bet you are enjoying your precious new grandbaby. My best wishes to you.

hugs. doloresf1