A Huge Argument with a Neighbor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Feb 26, 2007.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all:

I am really disgusted today with a neighbor. She lied.
    She revealed a side of her that was phony, biased and filled with lies.

She ripped into me because she does not believe in fibromyalgia.

I have mentioned this neigbor before.

She lied about fibro.

nyrofan
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

Laugh at her and tell her you can't believe someone would be so arrogant that when they don't know something, they go along with silly rumors, like fibro being a hoax. She doesn't even have the sense to listen to it from someone who knows about it firsthand: you. Tell her she's ignorant AND arrogant and that it's too bad there are no medications for those. And if she wants to ruin your day, why doesn't she just come out and insult you to your face instead of picking on fibromyalgia and trying to insult you indirectly? She's also a coward, then.

Don't let this stupid person's mindless ravings bother you. Sounds like she's got worse problems, all mental. Tell her denial, arrogance and insults are the beginnings of dementia and she should get herself checked before it progresses any further and she gets lost in her own neighborhood. Then give her the phone number for AA (Alzheimer's Anonymous). Then whenever you see her, ask her if she's gotten her mental evaluation yet, that it's really important she doesn't put if off.

And is there anything she's been complaining about healthwise, lately? Tell her that's the first sign of fibromyalgia.

lighten up, you could be worse, you could be stupid like she is

best wishes,

karen
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

barrowinnovations:

Thank you for the moral support. I had to keep the post short because the other phone rang.

She said to me that I was lazy, drugged, did not do anything all day and in general was a loser.

I do not usually lose my temper, but started yelling at her.
    This is the one who always gives me a dirty look when I am outside gardening.

And she always starts up. She even said it was all in my head.

She is a virtual stranger to me. Just a neighbor I do not even really know.

I was upset, but thought I would come here, post, read other posts and go to bed.

I hope all are well.

Off to bed......'night all.

nyrofan
  4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

At least she has shown her "true colors" to you. Are you this upset because you were friends? or you felt you could trust her? I guess I am confused as to why she lied and ripped into you?

I only speak to a couple of my neighbors and I try to avoid any problems with any of them. I don't need any xtra stress/problems and I really don't care what they think of me or my illness.
  5. katvwolf

katvwolf New Member

Just chalk her up to being a bitter, ignorant person. Since she has no reason to rip into you, she was obviously taking out her frustrations regarding something else on you. She is really only embarrassing herself by giving opinions on something she knows nothing about.

I would ignore her...either that or while you're out gardening this spring, sculpt a small tree in the shape of a hand with a middle finger sticking up, ensuring that it faces the direction of this neighbor's house. Immature, I know...but we all need a good laugh! :)

Kat

6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

My gosh, this neighbor sounds like a nut case. I have the nicest neighbors, they are like family (better than family) actually.

Best thing is to NEVER talk to this person again. You don't need to let this person upset you.

She know nothing of you and it is none of business. For your own good, never even look her way again, even if she were to apologize.

Honestly, does anyone know what compassion means these days? You would think she would offer to pick up groceries for you. She sounds like a very negative, bitter, unhappy person - to sit back and judge someone she barely knows. Just imagine how she must get along with her own family...

With my neighbors, when they have colds, I make "care packages" with all sorts of goodies to help a cold. Whenever I am sick, I get the same thing from them. It is funny but the window over our kitchen sink looks directly into their kitchen window. We keep our blinds open and wave back and forth.

That is the neighbor on the right side. The neighbor on our left side doesn't even wave hello and that is fine - but I am grateful for the other neighbors.

Take care

7. SleepyMama

SleepyMama New Member

Where the hell does she think she can get off saying all of that? What even brought it up? Wow!