A Huge Tree Fell on Moms House, Prayer Please

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kgangel, Jan 18, 2007.

1. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Hi all,

My mother was devestated this week when a huge tree fell on her house and totally destroyed the back room of her house, which is the family room, it is a nice sized room that she spends most of her time in. She was in there that day, but by the Grace of God another tree fell in the front that knocked out the electrical power, when she left to find out about that , that is when the tree hit the room she was in.

Even through this horrible thing God is good, he got her out to safety before it happened. She is still very shook up though and there is so much damage, I have never seen a tree do so much to a house. Some of the branches went through the roof in the front too. They had to come board up the roof and nail a tarp down on it too so that no more moisture can get through until she can get a new roof.

Just would like prayers for things to moves quickly for her, she wants to stay at her house and not come here, we insisted the first night , but now she will not come back to our house. She is stubborn.

God Bless you all

kgangel
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Am glad nobody was hurt and that the house can be fixed. Maybe she will think of it as a mixed blessing getting some new paint or whatever. I hope she lives in a climate where she won't freeze. Hugs and prayers for you both.
  3. webintrig

webintrig New Member

for your mom's house to be repaired quickly and proper.

That sure was a mixed blessing and astrump is right maybe she can redecorate with some new paint.

Praying she stays warm, health and knows she is truly blessed to have you and your family!

In Christ love,
    webby

[This Message was Edited on 01/23/2007]
  4. kgangel

kgangel New Member

God Bless you all for answering, you have lifted me up so. I have been very down heartened and worried about her and what more she may have to go through.

Turns out that she will be getting a whole new back room and half way into the kitchen as well, also a new roof. God is good.

Also, another tree fell on the wires out front causing her to get up from the back room and see what happened, that is what saved her because at the moment she left the room the big tree in the back fell right by where she was sitting.

If you ever wondered whether there was a God or not, I think that may help answer that.

God Bless you all for your prayers

kgangel
  5. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I saw your post before and didn't have time to respond but I did pray for your mother this morning during my bubble bath prayer time. LOL Yes, God does exist and he did save your mother from an awful situation for sure.

I know that the next few months will be very stressful trying to get her home back. I hope that she will feel the excitement of a new do for her home instead of the dread of what is to come.

I am sorry for all the other stuff as you know what I am talking about. We sisters have to stick together. right?

Love ya.

Nancy
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

You are always such a ray of light and a blessing to me thank you so much for your post.

My mom is doing much better, God was definitly with her and I know because of prayers like yours and all the other wonderful people here the rest will go smoothly as well. It was just such a shock to her system.

God Bless you

kgangel
  7. 143alan

143alan New Member

It is so devastating when anything harmful invades the sanctuary of our homes, especially something like a tree. I've been in many hurricanes and tornados and have seen the damage they can do to a home.

I know experiencing something like that had to be traumatic for your poor mother.

I pray that her home can be repaired quickly. Praise God he moved her out of harms way.
    Love
    Nancy
  8. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Manger and bluestem

God Bless you and the Lord be with you

Thank you so much for your responses it is so reassuring to have friends like all of you here

hugs

kgangel