A IBS ?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Line, May 5, 2006.

1. Line

Line New Member

Has anyone ever expericenced heart palps with a IBS flare? I am in a flare and very gassy,I can feel a fluttering sensation in my abdominal area and have caught a few missed heart beats, only one at a time but several throughout the day. I have read that IBS can cause palps but have never seen a post about this.

I just had a echo done 3 weeks ago and everything was in normal range, I do have mitral reguratation for years and get a few palps now and again from that but these palps seems to be caused by the stomach spasms.

Thanks, Linda
  2. libra55

libra55 New Member

Are you having diarrhea with your flare? If you are dehydrated, loss of potassium could be causing the irregular heartbeats.

I have IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease), Crohn's, and this happened to me, and it was scary. my heart did all kinds of flip flops and skipped beats and I spent 5 days in hospital on IVs for my potassium and magnesium (and other things).

I would check this out if it continues.

Hugs,

Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 05/05/2006]
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

and sometimes she feels like she's going to faint. She tries to lie down til it's over, but sometimes she'll have to run for the bathroom. That gets kinda scary for her.

God Bless.
  4. heathnicole

heathnicole New Member

I have lots of problems with that my doc told me to take stuff for heart burn .. .or Pepcid AC he thinks that the PH is off balance.

I also have SEVERE abdominal pain that no one seems to know how to fix no matter what supplement or pill I take.
    Some days it is so bad I want to roll over and die!

Good luck hope this helps
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I get palps and a very 'shakey inside' feeling.
    I feel drained when my IBS flares.
    I lose weight,...ache worse all over.

Its pretty rough having IBS.
    I know its the lesser of evils,but it does'nt feel it.
    Hope this helps~
    Regards,
    Tandy
  6. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

While I was in the hospital I had heart palps and the skipped heart beats.

I was also having diarrhea.

I even had vomitting so I could have been somewhat dehydrated.

Pamela
  7. girlymom

girlymom New Member

Linda,
    I am in the midst of a flare including IBS. No fun!!! I get heart palps that seem to go in spurts. I find that when I have IBS my body is in such a wreck that my heart does funny things. It seems to do that whenever I have a lot of pain or distress. Hope knowing your not alone helps.
  8. Line

Line New Member

It sure does make you feel better to know you are not alone with this dd and its weird syntoms. A fm friend of mine said her DR. said no that gas cannot cause skipped beats but her Endo says yes it can due to the pressure on the vega nerve.

Thanks and hugs, Linda
  9. insanelady

insanelady New Member

HI
    I just am now getting over a very bad attack of IBS all because I ran out of my Zelnorm which is used for treating IBS. I was so very very bloated from it that I felt like I could not take a deep breathe. My doc put me on pediolite for my electrolites because of all the diahrhea. Next time you have a bad case of diahreah go to your pharmacist and get pediolite. Yes adults take it also. It worked.

Rosiline
  10. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Just some time tested advice on conquering dehydration: cheaper way to rebalance your electrolytes (without depending on something like diluted gatorade or pedialyte) is eating salty snack while also drinking water. I was told this by some EMTs. The salt in snack is enough to add back salts to increase your electrolytes. I use cheese crackers (goldfish or cheezits).

Also, make sure you are NOT drinking TOO MUCH water. A good measure in rehydrating is about a quarter liter in 15 minutes (I think).
    [This Message was Edited on 05/17/2006]