A Job!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MiahRoo, Sep 8, 2003.

1. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

Well you may remember I posted about how I'm doing something for ME and moving out of my apartment for a while. Today is moving day. Still have a bunch of stuff to do but I got a phone call this morning from my aunt. I used to be a nanny for their baby before the fibro got so bad. I had to quit last october after being there a year and a half. I had a major role in raising that baby from the first day he came home. It shattered my heart to leave that job but it was something I needed to do.

Well, she called me this morning. Their new nanny has been having some personal problems and they've asked me if they think I can handle doing one day a week with the baby. (well he's 2 now..all grown up! hehe) I am soooo excited. Yes it will take it's toll on my body a bit but I've learned to pace myself since I care for my 3 year old nephew quite a bit. Sometimes up to 3 days a week. I needed this soooo soooo badly. A job. Some income. A sense of self-worth from working! They pay their new nanny a surprising amount more than what they had paid me...but I will be paid the new amount. Nine dollars an hour. Not too shabby for a gal who hasn't been working for nearly a year! This may also work it's way into 3 days a week if my body can handle it. And I really think it can if I take extra, extra good care of myself and try some new therapies and diet ideas I've been pondering. They kind of hinted that maybe by the time winter comes they may need something full time. I'm not sure...I could have misunderstood but I'm really hoping I can be up to this.

I just had to share more good news with all of you. The universe has given me the strength to do two very hard things and I'm endlessly thankful. This is exactly what I need right now. Both are a huge challenge..but both are going to be so rewarding in the end! If I could ask a small favor...please keep me in your thoughts every so often. Send me a bit of positive energy. This is all going to be so hard and any help I can get I'd appreciate more than you'll know. Thanks! ~Miah~
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

I know it must make you feel so much better just knowing you'll be doing something productive. Try to rest when the little one does, that might help. Don't forget to pace yourself and take good care of you.

Dara
  3. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

It's nice to have some good news, hey!? Don't forget the pace yourself part, that will make it or break it. I wish you the best. God Bless.
  4. sofy

sofy New Member

A job, wow. I had to close my business this time last year and even at 59 and on ssd my goal is to get a job, any job, even for 1/2 a day a week. It says you are part of the world.

A 2 year old is a handfull but it also allows you time to sit one the floor with trucks or dolls so that sounds perfect.
  5. scrapkat

scrapkat New Member

This is great! Like everyone said, just remember to pace yourself though. I'm finally learning to do that. I will officially be unemployed as of this Friday. But I haven't been working since May. My DH and I have started an online scrapbooking store and I help with that when I feel able. It's so nice to not have to do anything if I'm having a painful day. It does make you feel better knowing you can do at least a little something though. Best of luck to you and I hope it works out - it sounds like a wonderful break for you.

scrapkat
  6. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

for all your kind words. I've learned the hard way to pace myself. But these days I'm much better at knowing when I have to take a break. I start next tuesday. I'll keep you all posted on how it all goes. :)