A lesson learned the hard way

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Sep 21, 2002.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

Hello friends. I've done it again, and maybe this time I will remember. I need to remember that I can't blame everything that hurts or goes wrong with this body of mine on the DD. I've been on antibiotics for several days, the pain of the root canal'd tooth is slowly decreasing, the infection is slowly receding (I hope) and my temperature was normal this morning. I may live.

Part of the problem is my reluctance to interact yet again with the medical profession. I've had enough of them, and tend to avoid doctors when I can. So I ignored the tooth pain, figured it would go away, just the FMS making it feel so bad. I was wrong, in part, anyway. I think we fibromites react and respond differently than non FMS people, and it is hard to relate that information to doctors we don't see all the time, in such a way that they understand. The endodontist just doesn't get it. Hopefully, I'll never need his services again. It'll be a loooong time before I allow another root canal to be done.

Now that the fog is lifting a bit, I'm finding things in strange places, like the carrots in the meat keeper, and the sliced roast beef in the veggie bin. No wonder I thought the roast beef had all been eaten! Doggy got a good breakfast today, as it was almost going bad. I didn't even realize I was that foggy. Glad I survived the week without a traffic accident or other calamity. (I drive 75 miles a day round trip for work, mostly freeway, over a mountain pass. I do believe in angels.)

It is so very hard to differentiate between FMS problems and other pains and problems, for me, at least.

Humbly yours,
    Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

Hello friends. I've done it again, and maybe this time I will remember. I need to remember that I can't blame everything that hurts or goes wrong with this body of mine on the DD. I've been on antibiotics for several days, the pain of the root canal'd tooth is slowly decreasing, the infection is slowly receding (I hope) and my temperature was normal this morning. I may live.

Part of the problem is my reluctance to interact yet again with the medical profession. I've had enough of them, and tend to avoid doctors when I can. So I ignored the tooth pain, figured it would go away, just the FMS making it feel so bad. I was wrong, in part, anyway. I think we fibromites react and respond differently than non FMS people, and it is hard to relate that information to doctors we don't see all the time, in such a way that they understand. The endodontist just doesn't get it. Hopefully, I'll never need his services again. It'll be a loooong time before I allow another root canal to be done.

Now that the fog is lifting a bit, I'm finding things in strange places, like the carrots in the meat keeper, and the sliced roast beef in the veggie bin. No wonder I thought the roast beef had all been eaten! Doggy got a good breakfast today, as it was almost going bad. I didn't even realize I was that foggy. Glad I survived the week without a traffic accident or other calamity. (I drive 75 miles a day round trip for work, mostly freeway, over a mountain pass. I do believe in angels.)

It is so very hard to differentiate between FMS problems and other pains and problems, for me, at least.

Humbly yours,
    Beth.
  3. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

symtoms and or pains checked out and always make a list to give your FMS or and CFS doc. so they have a copy to. Better safe then sorry.

Thanks for sharing, Kim and Gary