A Little Cornball Humor of the Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zenouchy, Mar 27, 2008.

1. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well. I haven't been around for awhile. Things have just kept me from posting---carpal tunnel (typing has to be kept to a minimum---grrr!), then the message board wasn't working, etc. It's great to be back to say hello!

Anyway, here is a silly saying for you that I just used on my husband that just came out of my mouth on the fly. You can use it the next time you need to lighten up a situation.

I was trying to tell my husband that I think I have a certain medical ailment, and he didn't really believe me. He said that I shouldn't self-diagnose. Well, maybe that's true, but I told him this:

If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

And I'm a quack!

Take care everyone,

Erika :)

2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I know that I am a quack so that is a good line to use.....

As far as your carpel tunnel. I have worn the wrist braces on both hands for 2 yrs at night. When I first got DX'ed the Neurologist had me wear them 24/7 for 5 months. (I didn't want surgery) To date I have no problems except if I forget to wear the braces at night. Then I wake up with the tingling. I have no problems typing or anything....
  3. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

That's great you don't have typing issues. I wear the wrist bandages at nite on both hands also, but for some reason when I type a lot, my fingers start to tingle and burn. It's frustrating because I like to learn new things and research stuff on the internet. I try to take breaks and do hand exercises. It helps somewhat but only to a limited extent. Oh well! I just do the best I can with it.

Take care and have a great afternoon!

4. victoria

victoria New Member

hilarious- thx gotta remember that!

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

sense to me. If you're a quack you're allowed to self-diagnose.

Have you tried the warm wax treatment? I had a coworker who kept a plastic bowl filled w/ parafin on her desk. A couple times a day she turned it on and dipped her bad hand into the melted parafin.

Her hand came out coated like an Eskimoe Pie. She said it was great for temporary relief.

I don't think I ever asked this before, but are you Scandinavian? Do you have red hair? In which case you would be Erika, the Red.

Ha det bra

(That's "have it good" in Norskie.)

6. joyfully

joyfully New Member

How do you like this weather we are having! And yes, I am a quack--------------
  7. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Victoria and Joy,

Glad I gave you a little chuckle. Thanks for responding!

Rockgor, I am the "opposite" of red-headed and Scandinavian. I'm brunette and of Eastern-European descent! (Of course there is no such thing as an opposite of either of these things, hence the quotation marks around "opposite".) Love the Erika the Red joke! The paraffin wax sounds soothing. I'll have to try that.

Have a great day everyone!

All the best,

Erika :)