A LITTLE HELP FOR TUMMY ACHE SUFFERERS OUT THERE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Butterfly_of_grace, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

Hi everyone
    I wanted to share something that I thought was really great.

My daughter who is 9 yrs old is under care of a GI Doc and a nutritionist becuase ALL EHR LITTLE LIFE she has had eating problems which have been hand in hand with tummy troubles. She will start eating and halfway thru a meal double over in pain and run to the bathroom. She would rather not eat or drink because of the pain...hence the very very low weight she has right now. She is about 5% on the weight chart. Shes actually been below that in recent yrs so its been an on going issue since birth.

Anyway, after a slew of blood tests nothing is showing up as far as any inflamation (Crohns disease, Inflammatory Bowel Disease or Celiacs Disease). Doc said she has most likely had GERD or Reflux disease since birht and was never probly diagnosed. I know she was Colicky and she cried alot (Probly because her belly hurt)..So anyway now they want her on Stomach prescription meds(Prevacid) which I was on for YEARS and YEARS and I ended up with a fundoplication because my GERD was so out of control. I DO NOT like prescription drugs especially in children but I figured if it would help her eat better, be less crabbier and get rid of all those tummy troubles and help her gain weight then I would succumb to giving into giving it to her...but not until I tried ONE MORE THING FIRST....

about 6 days ago it occured to me that way back when I was given Papaya tablets (chewable...they taste like candy) and was told that every time my sotmach hurt that it would help settle it. I cant believe i havent thought of this whole thing all along but at least I did now. SO I went to our health food store here in town and becgame giving her one tablet with every meal...she chews it up. Well.....guess what???

To our surprise MY DAUGHTER FEELS 100% BETTER, HER TUMMY PAIN HAS ALMOST COMPLETELY GONE, HER CONSTIPTATION HAS IMPROVED AND NO MORE GETTING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF A MEAL IN AGONY AND SITTING ON THE TOILET. She has been eating like a champ!!!! Im so greatful its working because again, I do NOT want her on prescription drugs for her tummy trouble...So far, so good...THANK YOU GOD!She al;so has been under chiropractic care for a month now and that too may be helping (The chiro said it would help I guess he is right)

I wanted to share this with some of you out there who ahve tummy troubles or maybe your children have them too like my 9 yr old has had since birth. SHe has finally found relief and Im so glad and hope it keeps helping. I hope this experience may help any of you out there. It wont hurt you...its just made from Papaya...no herbs, no chemicals...straight papaya.

HUGS!
    -Diane

2. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Hi Diane,

That must have been so hard for you to watch.And to feel so helpless,to help her.

But it sounds like papaya is the help she needed. Good for you mom for finding it for her.!!

God bless you both!!

Jordane
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

i'm so glad this has helped your child. I have tummy aches all the time I will try this to thank you
  4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I'm glad you have something to celebrate, indeed. I'll be getting some also.
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm so glad those chewable Papaya helped your little girl~

I started giving them to my little boy (10)
    daily too. Its been about 8 months and they have helped him some. Enough to always have them on hand now.

since my son did'nt get total relief from his tummy aches, I was thinking about trying him on a more complete
    digestive enzyme supplement.
    But getting back:
    The papaya have helped him too!

Its odd/funny, he even wants to carry one in his pockets to take with lunch at school :)

They do taste good too~
    I like them myself :)
    thanks for sharing with the board,...
    maybe this will help someone else out,
    Take care
    Tandy
  6. cct

cct Member

Diane,

I am so glad to hear that your daughter is able to eat.

I was at a very similar place with my digestive problems until I went and had my allergies tested. I found that food allergies were a major contributor to the distress.

Correcting the types of foods that I eat was very helpful.

I have been taking papya tablets for years and they do help with some of my problems.

Another thing that has helped alot is enteric coated peppermint capsules (I use Enzymatic Therapy brand). The peppermint does not release until it is further down in your intestines. Sometimes I will have a cup of peppermint tea or a glass of iced peppermint tea.

These peppermint caps may be too strong for your daughter, but you may be able to find peppermint for children that she will like.

The third thing that has really helped my tummy troubles is digestive enzymes. I use Essential Enzymens by Source Naturals.
  7. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Hm, papaya tablets. I will have to remember that because I tend to have a lot of stomach problems and I never want to run for the alka-seltzer.

Usually I drink decaf green mint tea. It seems to help loads, so whenever I can tell I'm beginning to get bad, I run for my favorite mug.

Very glad you found something to help your daughter tho :D