A little ME humour

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rafiki, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

A group of people with mild to moderate ME started a support group and met once a month for dinner. After meeting for a few months sparks started to fly between two of the members, Joe and Victoria.

One evening was in a particularly romantic setting and Joe and Victoria, sat close together, holding hands and gazing into each others eyes. Joe was completely swept off his feet.

Feeling quite sure that this was the real thing, he followed his heart and said, "Will you marry me?"

After about six seconds of careful consideration, she answered, "Yes. Yes, I will."

The evening ended with a tender kiss and they went to their respective homes. The next morning, Joe was troubled. Did she say 'Yes' or did she say 'No'? He couldn't remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. He went over the conversation of the previous evening, but his mind was blank. He remembered asking the question, but for the life of him he could not recall her response.

With fear and trepidation, he picked up the phone and called her. First, he explained that he didn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the lovely evening past. As he gained a little more courage he then inquired of her, "When I asked if you would marry me, did you say 'Yes' or did you say 'No'?

"Why, you silly man, I said 'Yes. Yes I will. 'And I meant it with all my heart."

Joe was delighted.

He felt his heart skip a beat.

Then she continued, "And I am so glad you called because I couldn't remember who asked me."

[This Message was Edited on 07/22/2007]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for the Good Laugh!,,,,,,Good one! I was looking for your castle in the sky photo! Like the photo of your fur baby!,,,,,,,S
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

that was brilliant!!!

Thanks for the laugh.

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I see your raffish sense of humor is peeping out again.

5. mezombie

mezombie Member

Thanks for posting this, Rafiki. I'm a great believer that humor can help us through our bad times!

This definitely made me laugh.

I'm afraid I can see myself not remembering who asked me, too, lol!
  6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

it was me! The wedding is in two weeks and you're all invited!

I am capable of no original though these days! Don'tcha hate it when that happens?!

7. mezombie

mezombie Member

Are you sure you'll remember who the groom is?

Hey, this is your opportunity to marry a wedding guest you fancy instead and blame it all on "brainfog"!
  8. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Now I know how I ended up marrying all the people I've already married! Wasn't my fault; the illness made me do it!

9. victoria

victoria New Member

what an exciting life you must've had... if only you could remember it, eh?

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it, very bad night tonight!
  10. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

it was originally set in a retirement home and they were identified as widow and widower but...

I chose the names for people here.

There you go!

peace out

PS Where's MrDad?