A little more nervous!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carolonly, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Carolonly

Carolonly New Member

Well I went to see the gast. doctor today and he says he don't think I have FM well I am really nervous now because if its not FM then what do I have? I don't have hardly any of the symptoms except sleeplessness and pressure points but I don't have chest pains or any other symptoms. I am really confused can there be other things wrong instead. Any help would be appreciated.
    Take care of yourselves God only gives us one body.
  2. Carolonly

Carolonly New Member

Well I went to see the gast. doctor today and he says he don't think I have FM well I am really nervous now because if its not FM then what do I have? I don't have hardly any of the symptoms except sleeplessness and pressure points but I don't have chest pains or any other symptoms. I am really confused can there be other things wrong instead. Any help would be appreciated.
    Take care of yourselves God only gives us one body.
  3. toots2

toots2 New Member

Are you seeing a rheumatologist who can do the tender point test? If not, maybe you should. I don't have chest pain either but I certainly have fibro. You indicate you don't have pain so perhaps it is something else. There are so many symptoms that go along with this condition but pain and fatigue is right up at the top of the list, I would say. Hope you get a diagnosis soon. It can be so frustrating. Suzanne
  4. Carolonly

Carolonly New Member

FM by a rheumatologist and also diagnosed with RA but now this gast. doctor says he don't think I have FM but he ran a bunch of tests and is doing a liver biopsy. I guess I will have to wait until he gets the results back.
    Thank-you for your support
  5. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

It sounds like your doctor is just being cautious. Never a bad thing when it comes to your health. It is always possible to have other things wrong besides the fibro, so ruling out the nastier possibilities is generally a good idea. Fibro is unpleasant, but at least it won't kill you. The other problems can. Trust your doctor, at least for now. You can always change later.
    Kathryn