a long flight in the future..very scared and nervous

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I know this is silly....but in Mar or April hubby and I are suppose to go to Australia and I am terrified of airplanes..well afraid of crashing. what can I do to ease myself about this flight??? I heard it is a 24 hour flight!!!! how the heck am I suppose to handle that!??!?!

I know that this is still a few months away but I am already freaking out, HELP!!!!

Love to all, Ann
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hi, I know the feeling!!!

I think that you do get breaks when you change planes etc and you may want to consider planning an overnight for one leg-ie fly to Seattle, stay a night then book on flight to Oz from there.

Remember air travel is a lot safer than travelling in a car by far. You have to move about a lot to prevent blood clots, but you should be OK. You can ask for valium too.

Love Anne
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Thanks for replying to my post, I am definately going to look in to the Emotional Freedom Technique and see what I come up with. take care love to all, Ann
  4. swiss

swiss New Member

I always try to knock myself out with meds. I would also reccommend lots and lots of water and NO alcohol! I take my pliiows on the plane so I can be as comfortable as possible.

Good Luck,
    Michele