A Major Life Lesson!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kmelodyg, May 24, 2003.

1. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Good evening everyone! I just wanted to share this with you. It has been a terrible couple of weeks, but now I have come to peace with it all. As some of you know, my pain has gotten significantly worse, my mother was in detox for a week, my aunt died from cancer, troubles with my boyfriend, etc. etc. etc, the list goes on and on. And just when I think it is calming down, I found out today that a very good friend of mine that I have known for 15 years, has been in a coma since last Saturday. They have no idea what has caused it. It really blew my mind. I am still in shock. I was able to go up and see him and talk to him. It was very enlightening. Here is a guy who I haven't talked to in a couple of years who I used to hang out with constantly. He is an example of all of the good people in my life who I have taken for granted, and just lost touch with. I feel so sorry for myself all the time. I don't want to burden others with my problems. Yet, I know that some of them would really be there for me. And I know I could be there for them! I think that my problems are so bad, but I am not laying in a hospital bed in a coma! I feel truly blessed today. I have all the faith in the world that he will pull through this. And I hope that I will have a second chance to have him back in my life as my friend. It's times like these that make you feel like the world really does not revolve around you. But you can make a difference. It is important to fill your life with good people and love, and spread your love to others. This is what I learned today. I hope it can help someone else out there...

Lots of love to you all my dear friends,
    Kathryn
  2. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

You are such a good spirit! Thank you for those kind words. I am happy that I made you feel good!!

Love,
    Kathryn