A Marines prayer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, May 17, 2004.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

My Prayer
    By Chad Borgmann
    A Marine Hero Serving the Lord Jesus Christ in Iraq

God. God. Hey God! Are you there? I was sure I'd find you here. Do you have any idea what's going on down here? Man, I was convinced you would be here. I guess I was wrong. I've been wrong about a lot of things lately. Do you even listen to me anymore? maybe I was wrong about you. I can't blame you really. I wouldn't listen to me either. God, listen to me please! I'm begging you. I'm sorry! Forgive me, please! Is that you? Are you there? I can barely hear you. Your voice is much quieter now than it used to be. I could hear you so clearly before. Why can't I hear you now? Do you know what's going on down here? Do you know how many times I could have died today alone? Why don't you help me? What? What do you mean you are carrying me? If you are carrying me why do my feet hurt? Help me God. Do my tears mean nothing? I sit here alone in the dark screaming out to you and you whisper back to me about carrying me. I'll tell you who carries me. It is me
    that carries me. I'm stronger now without you. Do you realize how many people have fallen at my hands? I'm not sitting around anymore waiting for you. I can fix things on my own. You create and build up? All I know is
    death and destruction? What are you talking about? No, I can't heal, and it's true that it is easier to kill then give life. Can I give life eternal? You know that I can't. I'm not you. I was happier before. You know, when I
    was close to you. I'm so far away now. Why has this happened to me? Why should I turn around? OK, I'll do as you ask. Is that you? Are you God? Wait a minute! Where did you go? You're always here? Why don't I feel you then? There you go again. You're not carrying me. Well, maybe you are. Maybe I'm too foolish to notice. I think about you from time to time. If I know so much why is it that I can do so little? You used to use me so much. Am I useless to you now? I do love you. Why do you ask? What do you mean that those who love you will do as you say? I can't do as you say. I'm incapable of being the man that you want me to be. Trust you? I tried that once. My best friend killed himself. How am I to trust you after that? I know he is with you but how does that help me? I am not self centered. I think of others. How can you say that. Job? Job? Are you serious? I know he trusted you through much worse but I am not Job. I can't, Lord, I just can't. Help
    me then. I beg of you. Help me. I need you like I have never needed you before. What? I can't hear you. Ow, stop screaming! I get it. You love me. Yes I know the sacrifice that Christ gave for me. I have been wrong, I
    should trust you. I will trust you. Forgive me. Forgive me of all I have done. I would drop to my knees God but I am already there. Forgive me. Carry me God, until I can walk beside you. I want you with me. I need you with me. I'm sorry I walked away. I'm here now. Do with me as you wish. I'm yours. The blood of Christ has saved me and you remind everyday. I love you too. Amen.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Please keep Chad and all our brave Marines in your prayers and they serve the Lord and their country with honor. - Gail Lindsay
  2. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

Quite a powerful picture, thanks for the prompting to pray.

mar
    [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2004]