A medical mystery is developing in Vermont

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shoobie, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

This one was on several of the News stations here in New England today:

Seven people have been diagnosed with Legionnaire's Disease and others with similar symptoms are being tested.

Health officials are trying to determine how they developed the disease.

The only common link --- all seven victims either live or work in Waterbury, but they do not know each other.

Legionnaire's Disease is a bacteria that flourishes in stagnant water and is then spread through the air.

Just another one to add to our collection!

-Shoobie
  2. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

This one was on several of the News stations here in New England today:

Seven people have been diagnosed with Legionnaire's Disease and others with similar symptoms are being tested.

Health officials are trying to determine how they developed the disease.

The only common link --- all seven victims either live or work in Waterbury, but they do not know each other.

Legionnaire's Disease is a bacteria that flourishes in stagnant water and is then spread through the air.

Just another one to add to our collection!

-Shoobie
  3. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I lived in Waterbury, Vermont for 14 yrs. I have family and friends who still live there. Some of my friends work at the state hospital where they think originally started by the air conditioning system and they have been tested for it, thank goodness none of them have it. I was just up there in July so it made me nervous. The werid thing is that people are getting it that wasnt even in or near the state hospital so who knows. I love that area, where do you live in the northeast?
    Take Care
    Carla
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

in Maryland, you guys really need to go to clickitnews website and look under emerging diseases, it is amazing what is out there, it is a message board just like this that people contribute to, I just am amazed, I usually check it each night, it is updated all the time like this one.

Jaci
  5. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

Hi Carla. I'm glad to hear that you and your friends are OK! I'm actually in Massachusetts.

Hi Jaci. Does it ever end? Thank you so much for the info!

-Shoobie

[ advertisement ]