A message board for fibro on OPRAH, did you know?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kirbycat, Sep 7, 2006.

1. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

There is a message board on Oprah's website just for fibromyalgia. There are many threads on it. On others,I have seen requests to her for shows. They direct you to "requests for shows".

Maybe we could get on that thread too. Maybe they would take notice then, when the message board swelled greatly.

Just thinkin'
    Cathy
  2. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

There are only a few posters on there. We could try to build it up so they don't think this is a small thing.

Thinking again, oh no!
    Cathy
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Oprah might not be the best venue but if we could get her to talk about the DD, people will listen.
  4. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Is there a link that we could go to so that we could post something?

Thank you

Noahvale--Kathy
  5. fibro fog day here, where is it? I can't find a message board there just for fibro?
  6. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

try www.boards.oprah.com

it is sorta buried, it's under Health support groups, then in alphabetical order, on the second page.

See if that works,
    Cathy
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

They mostly talk about antidepressants and needing a Buddy to lose weight.

Sue>>>>>> PS : Do you really think she takes the time to read the post????
  8. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

No, I don't believe Oprah reads the posts, but she has quite a staff. I'm sure someone keeps a check on things. Whether or not Oprah is the right venue, who knows. I think ANY awareness is more than we have now.

If some of our friends happened to see a show about this DD, that alone would be something.

I was glad to see an article in this months magazine. It's a start.

I'm sick to death of explaining myself and getting "those" looks with a half-hearted smile. Like "sure honey, off to the loony bin with you" Nobody gets it, not unless you have it yourself or a close family member.

Whatever is good for you,
    Cathy
  9. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

the cfids.org website and look under The Grassroot Action Center.

You will find lots of useful information. There is an email to Thank Oprah for her article in the Sept. issue and a list of others that have carried articles recently.

There is also a place to thank our government leaders that are trying to help.

It is very simple to do and would help our cause so much.

10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Hi Nancy,
    Count me out please!
    Don't want to seem unco-operative about the Oprah thing
    but as I mentioned on another Post, I haven't talked or
    even looked at her show since she "screwed up" that "Free"
    makeover of mine! Haven't had a date Since!!

SORRY,
    MRDAD

11. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

We are going to ban you from our activism sites if you do not learn to cooperate!

Surely you marched in the sixties. Where is your spirit??? I remember now you are chasing women in the park.

We need you. Jump on board with us. Go to the cfids.org website and follow the Grassroot Action Center.

Talk with you later.
  12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

W-e-l-lllll, OK!! I'll try to let bi-gones be bi-gones

and chip in on the effort!

Thanks for the direction,
    MRDAD
  13. jake123

jake123 New Member

There is a big article about a woman who has chronic fatigue in Oprah current magazine.
  14. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

take us nowhere....
  15. kirbycat

kirbycat New Member

Just go to Oprah.com and scroll down to message boards and search fibro or cfs.

I don't know why the links don't work.

Cathy
  16. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I said it before and I'll say it again, we need to be very sure that the Oprah crew (I would be shocked if she reads the email, at least not routinely - she has many people for that) has good info on FM/CFS. If they didn't and she did a show without it, it could do us more harm than good.

The article in the magazine has information about Laura Hillenbrand and Michele Akers. If the Oprah program would stick with those people or at least run any data through them, we'd be OK. Dr. Cheney and Teitelbaum's names should also be given as references.

We did this a couple of times before here with no success but that was before the article. Frankly, I don't see the message board as being as effective as email to the program itself - if we're sure this is what we want to try to do.

Marta