A Message For "ClueLess"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by granmama, Sep 28, 2002.

1. granmama

granmama New Member

Hi, I went back and finally found the list for those in the 70-80 age group.
    I read your message with great interest.
    I am now 52 and have had FM for the past 3 years, so I guess to some, I'm a newbie.
    My youngest child is 24 and assumed to have MS.
    My husband is a paramedic and transports many MS patients that were dx around my son's age and now they are in their 40's either wheelchair or bedridden. I fear my son's future as well as my own. I want to be the strong Mom for him as I was when he was a child. I am scared I won't be strong to help him if he needs me when I'm in my 70's. Yes, he has a wife and many friends and the medical field may find a cure for MS, God willing.
    My mom was in her early 80's when she passed and could not help me when I needed her. I wanted her to hold me and I wanted to cry, but I had to be the strong one for her.

Bottom line, I really wanted to know is it the same for each age group? Pain is pain! I'm certain I'll get there soon enough, I'm not rushing it!
    I hope this message finds you feeling well and free from pain, even for just a day.
    From one FM'r to another. God Bless.
    granmama
    ps. Any responses will be welcomed.
  2. granmama

granmama New Member

Hi, I went back and finally found the list for those in the 70-80 age group.
    I read your message with great interest.
    I am now 52 and have had FM for the past 3 years, so I guess to some, I'm a newbie.
    My youngest child is 24 and assumed to have MS.
    My husband is a paramedic and transports many MS patients that were dx around my son's age and now they are in their 40's either wheelchair or bedridden. I fear my son's future as well as my own. I want to be the strong Mom for him as I was when he was a child. I am scared I won't be strong to help him if he needs me when I'm in my 70's. Yes, he has a wife and many friends and the medical field may find a cure for MS, God willing.
    My mom was in her early 80's when she passed and could not help me when I needed her. I wanted her to hold me and I wanted to cry, but I had to be the strong one for her.

Bottom line, I really wanted to know is it the same for each age group? Pain is pain! I'm certain I'll get there soon enough, I'm not rushing it!
    I hope this message finds you feeling well and free from pain, even for just a day.
    From one FM'r to another. God Bless.
    granmama
    ps. Any responses will be welcomed.