A message for LIFEDANCER.........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Plantscaper, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I hope that life is treating you better, now..Hope that you will find a good place to live and will have more support from others there..

My brain has been pretty much fried this past week, with the herxing..there must be a war going on in my brain...I have been taking OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT..and it has been the most effective med I have tried..Have you ever been on that?
    With all the olive trees in California, you probably would be able to get some really potent OLE.. I have wondered if there was a particular brand that was, especially good,but have been using ProHealth's brand for now...

I found some of that Natra-Bio Adrenal Support med you suggested, and I plan to try that out tomorrow..Did you take that everyday? I hope that you will be able to find other healing sources to help you get better..

Would love to talk about plants..but have been so preoccupied with pursuing health, lately..seems like my time is running out and I need to get well, enough, to find some employment, too.

PLEASE NEVER TAKE HOW YOU ARE TREATED BY IGNORANT PEOPLE AS
    HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR TRUE WORTH,
    LOVE YA LOADS,
    AMELIA

2. tandy

tandy New Member

just noticed this on the 2nd page~Hope you get an answer
    plantscaper~
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Bump:} Thanks, Tandy, for the bump...
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2003]
  4. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i just read you reply to plantscaper re ginger tea etc just as i was brewing myself ginger tea cos i am feeling toxic.

So i wanted to say how much i enjoyed reading the info. i have been enjoying your posts and i hope you will stay on the board wherever you end up going.

i have just began to take cortisol low dose to build up my very low cortisol levels. In fact its NOT like me to take actual drugs [part from essential painkillers] but i have also got some natural adrenal support to take as well. i am going for the cortisol because my nutrionist who is very good to me thinks i need to do it this way as
    my levels were the lowest she had ever seen.
    I am interested that you are doing well on a homoeopathic adrenal support. Many lifetimes ago when pinkquartz was a normal, no never normal, i mean healthy person, i used to study homeopathy and still feel its brilliant cept it has not been able to help me since i crashed this low.

i hope you are feeling better
    best wishes
    pinkquartz
  5. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Hi Lifedancer,

I had a dream, which you were in, and the thought was about something I read in the CFIDS journal..Do you get that every months? I have read in there, that in some states, there has been a movement to start low-income housing for people with our DDs. There may not be a state that you would want to live in, but maybe, you could contact the journal, find out if that has been developed, and how it was done, and possibly, how to begin this in your DESIRED state.

Thanks for all the information on detoxing, and that has been a lingering question of mine, whether one is having a "healthy detox" or overburdening one's system with no positive gains..maybe, I need to slow down on this...with me, my brain suffers more than anything..Do you recommend any liver cleanse? I am in the process of developing my treatment regimen, and I have started a lot of new supplements:

COLOSTRUM
    JARROW-DOPHILUS
    NATURAL MIXED TOCOPHEROLS
    QUERCITIN/BROMELAIN
    DIGESTIVE ENZYMES
    OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT
    EVENING PRIMROSE OIL/FISH OIL
    ZMA
    MAGNESIUM/POTASSIUM ASPARTATE
    CORAL CALCIUM
    VITAMIN C 500mg-2,000
    ADRENAL SUPPORT
    CHROMIUM PICOLINATE
    RAW GARLIC
    COENZYME Q/10
    MULTIVITAMINS

I have wondered what brands you think are, especially, good and which ones, maybe, people should avoid...Do you see anything I need to add? I will be talking to my doc about prescribing Vitamin B/12 shots..

Regarding the Olive Leaf: This is the first time in about 25 years, I feel like I may be getting control over my migraine headaches, with the addition of OLE. My migraines are triggered, in large part, to the histamines caused by severe respiratory allergies..and the chronic sinusitis I have had for the same period..Well, according to a book on Olive Leaf, "Nature's Antibiotic: Olive Leaf Extract" by Morton Walker, OLE CAN ERADICATE YOUR CHRONIC SINUSITIS>>,
    and that is what I have experienced for the past few weeks, until I took a more potent form of the OLE, and I am getting some bad headaches with this upper dosage..But, according to you, maybe I should backoff a tad bit..This is the worse season, with all the allergens, for my migraines, which I think is, also, significant that my migraines had not been a problem...

I also, had more energy and less neurological complications..until I started "herxing" again... I am, usually, very skeptical about the claims of supplements (not one of the people that are forever pushing the pills,infact, usually the opposite) as I have not improved on most supplements. Also, since, we are all biochemically different, it may not affect one the same way. But, since you asked if I had noticed POSITIVE GAINS IN ANYTHING, OLE SEEMS TO FIT THAT BILL...DO YOU RECOMMEND ANY MULTI-vitamins?

WE HAVE TO GO THRU THE DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL TO FIND HEAVEN..
    HANG IN THERE, LIFEDANCER, THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
    AMELIA

[This Message was Edited on 04/06/2003]
  6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

wonder if all brands are equally good...
  7. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Hey there, Lifedancer,

I decided to go thru menopause, all naturale, with no synthetic hormones, and so far, it has been OK, although I am having wierd periods-one was very scant and was late, the next was only 21 days later and was extremely heavy...I have had some wierd emotional/too stressed feeling until period occurs, but generally, still puttering along...

I have been considering going on DHEA and pregnenolone, as especially preg. is suppose to be the building blocks for other hormones, however, I now realize I would have to get some testing done, but don't really know what doc to go to for that. All I have is a primary care doc, and hardly can afford her..but she may be open to talking about it..

Where is your pain with FM? I have just noticed a lot more stiffness/muscle aches/pain in my neck and back..I have not considered that my pain was enough to take any pain medications...

I was going to stay off OLE for a few days, but my sinus symptoms came back in full force when I stayed off it, less than a day..In the book, Nature's Antibiotic Olive Leaf Extract, Dr. Walker indicates that it is very effective for chronic sinusitis...and I have been struggling with that for a loooonnnnnnnng time. So I am going to reduce the amount, not exclude it at this point..It has been, also, effective in eliminating my very frequent migraines which
    are worse this time of season because they are due to histamine/allergy triggers...

I haven't taken just MSM, but recently bought some Glucosamine Chondroitin with MSM (500mg), as I think my joints are in need of rehabilitation. Have you tried NADH?
    I just read, in Cheney's protocol, that Coenzyme Q-10 is much better absorbed in the liquid sublinqual form, than in the capsules..I don't think I have seen it in that form in the health food stores..but I wasn't looking for it that way..
    I was thinking about getting my Vitamin B/12 and B-complex through a shot, when I talk with doc..How much of the ginkgo biloba do you take? Have you seen that it helps with your mental processes?

How is your living situation? La Jolla is really a beautiful place, but it is really an expensive area..my brother and his wife had to move inland,in a suburb of San Diego to be able to afford a big house, but both of them have great jobs..and no health problems..They say that Julian would not be nearly as expensive.Julian, a rural mountain area is a growing center for apples..and a good place to grow all kinds of plants and vegetables..have you heard of it?

I have been thinking about you and hope you will find the right answer for you..I think that Asheville, North Carolina is beautiful, too, but did the higher humidity levels bother you?..I moved from the South because high humidity really affects me and I am, especially, allergic to molds, and mildew..an abundant nuisance..I wonder if my brain "damage"or "injury" is due to toxic mold...

BEST TO YOU,
    AMELIA

[This Message was Edited on 04/08/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/08/2003]
  8. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

[ advertisement ]