A message from Ashley & why she is helping...and why I'm inspired

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamj, Aug 30, 2006.

1. pamj

pamj New Member

Since the CFIDS Association sent out the bulletin regarding all of the news articles on CFS, many people have read the article on my niece's work for awareness.

She has been receiving thank you messages from all over the world, and this is one of her replies. I thought I would forward it to you, since it also applies to our friends here...

"Hello Deb,

I enjoy what I am doing to help my Auntie Pam, you, and a lot of other people that have a disease like CFIDS. Ever since Auntie Pam got sick I knew that she wouldn't be the same. Now she is forced to miss out on a lot of things she used to enjoy doing with the family.

If there is a way to change all that... I am going to find it. My dreams of becoming a doctor don't fall far behind my wish to find a cure, or even come close. For now, as a 12 year old, there isn't much I can do. But I think, if i help people understand, they can learn better. I love knowing that I am helping people all around the world who have CFIDS and getting them closer to finding a cure.

Thank you for all your support.
    Ashley "

She received an email from a woman in our town, who said she cried when she read the newspaper, because she found someone who understands. She then showed the article to her family so they would know that it wasn't "all in her head". Apparently her doc didn't get it... she didn't know the CFIDS Assoc even existed... and she has been sick for 5 years & didn't know where to turn for help. After speaking with her, we found out that she's actually the mom of a child in Ashley's school. Someone who we probably have passed by in town has been suffering in silence.

This is part of the reason that I'm so inspired to do everything that I can to help. It took a child to make a big difference in this person's life, imagine what we can all do as adults? Especially knowing the resources that we have :)

Please sign the "UNITY" post from lolalee :)

take care,
    Pam
    [This Message was Edited on 09/08/2006]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Ashley does indeed sound like an incrdible young lady.
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

She certainly is a special person, you and her family should be very proud. I'm sure we will hear more from her in the future. Carla
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Thank you for posting this. It reminds us there are better angels everywhere.

You are both doing a great job, thank you.

Love Anne
  5. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

to have such a wonderful neice. Thank you for sharing and inspiring such love and devotion from that incredible young lady.
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

How sweet! This niece is a keeper! And so eloquent for only being twelve years old. I'm sure she will realize her dream of being a doctor. You are a lucky auntie...

Hugs,
    Another Pam
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

She will be a wonderful Doctor!!!!!!!!!
  8. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Wow.....I am so touched by your niece's involvement in your illness. She sounds very mature and hopefully can make her dreams come true :)

I have many nieces & nephews and they don't have a clue what CFIDS is all about....and a lot of them are adults.

Sounds like you are very blessed......thanks for sharing that with us :)

I'll have to check out her website!

scapper
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

thank you little niece...

jodie
  10. pamj

pamj New Member

Scapper, thanks for checking the site! Ashley loves knowing that she's helping all of us. She knows it's hard for us to do a lot of this ourselves & she feels bad for the people who don't have the support of their families.

Maybe it would help educate your family if you show them the article too. I've been showing it to everyone I see.

take care,
    Pam
  11. pamj

pamj New Member

12. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I posted yesterday about your niece's website. I'm not sure if mentioning the website by name is permissible here b/c the post is gone (?)

Oh well.....I am so impressed by her website!!!

I'm DEFINITELY ordering :) Maybe I'll send some of my brothers & sisters her website name (hint) with a nice note telling them that it's to support my illness.

THANKS.......scapper