A MUST SEE .... Distorted Beauty ... to say the least

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Nov 26, 2006.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I get Kim Comando's newsletter, this was her 'cool site' for the day and it is a MUST SEE for anyone who has suffered because of self-image problems... and show it to your daughters and sons both...

Our society places a great deal of importance on beauty. And teenage girls try so hard to live up to examples set by models.

But everything is not as it seems. First, there's the makeup and styling. Models get professional help putting themselves together.

But there's more to it than that. After all the makeup and styling, computers are used to enhance models' beauty.

Watch the short movie at today's Cool Site. It will blow your mind. Watch the part at the end where the model is Photoshopped. Her neck and eyes are enlarged, and her face narrowed.

Please, pass this newsletter along to anyone with a teenage daughter. It will help her understand the difference between real and artificial beauty.

Eye-opening, isn't it?!?!

Just had to share...

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 11/26/2006]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I watched it then sent it on to my daughter who has a very distorted image of beauty.

She has the most lovely picture that she took of herself to put on her IM and all she sees is that her arm looks skinny. It's amazing, the pic shows her beautiful eyes and facial structure but she doesn't see that.

Nancy B
  3. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I agree Victoria it is no wonder that there are so many people with eating disorders, cosmetic surgery is huge, breast implants,etc.

People are getting the wrong messages constantly. It is hard enough being a teen and dealing with becoming an adult without being bombarded with negative commercials telling you that if you just loose weight, have surgery to have a lap band, take this medication for depression, join a gym, shop at this store you will be beautiful!

Personally I refuse to diet anymore. In the end you only gain the weight back plus more. I have recently read "Overcoming Overeating" and "When Woman Stop Hating Their Bodies" and joined a support group for dealing with these issues.

Instead I am trying to deal with the emotional issues of why I over eat and why I don't feel good enough to live in my own skin.

hugs Redwillow
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

and now that the baby boomers, of which I am part, are on the forefront of aging, it doesn't seem like it's gonna get any better for "aging gracefully" either, sadly.

5. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I already sent this link to a bunch of my friends. As one who tinkers with digital images it comes as no surprise to me.