A Nasty Cold...idea? (A long one, venting)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MiahRoo, Aug 12, 2003.

1. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

I know you can all relate to how frustrating it is to have a cold or the flu ontop of the FMS/CFS etc. I started feeling it coming yesterday and waking up today was just plain awful. I just feel like I can not handle something ELSE ontop of how I normally feel.

It's just that my kitchen is a mess. I worked 4 hours cleaning it last week to make it amazingly clean, spotless. I was gone for the weekend caring for the baby I used to nanny for. Well he's 2 1/2 now but still my lil baby. I had to quit that job because of my illness but of course I jumped at the chance to hang out with him all weekend. But it took all of my energy away. My fiance didn't wash one dish while I was away. He didn't change the garbage or sweep the floor or freshen the cat litter or wash the cat dishes. He's under a lot of stress with work right now and I understand that he needed a weekend of doing absolutely nothing but I just worked soooo hard to clean that kitchen. I was so proud that I had the energy to do it and now it's filthy again. I want to cry, mourning over my once clean kitchen. lol. I want so, so, so badly to take the garbage out and wash the dishes but I just can't. The only thing I have the energy to do is sit here on the computer and look at the tv.

So my main point after all that babbling is that I've taken some things to try to boost my immune system and I'm wondering if anybody has any other ideas for me to try. Here's what I've done so far.
    1.) 60 mg of zinc
    2.) Green tea in capsules (Green tea extract from leaves 300 mg. Standardized to 50% Polyphenois, 150mg) whatever that means. also with Green Tea Leaves 500 mg.
    3.) Green Tea (the actual tea in organic form. Two cups.)
    4.) A patchouli foaming bath for the soul. (with no artificial anything...no artificial colors, fragrance oils, preservatives, no animal derived ingredients, and no animal testing. Just makes you feel gooooood.)
    5.) Water Water Water.

Anything other ideas to try to knock this out of my system? I can't take cold pills because my heart is wayyyy to sensitive to whatever it is in there and I tend to faint from them. I just want to get this cold over with asap. When I get sick I get it twice as bad and twice as long as the average person. So after being so kind for reading all of my babbling I'd really appreciate any ideas. Thank you all sooo much!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/12/2003]
  2. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

You are doing the right thing by taking in extra water, get extra rest, vit c, and relax! Read a good book and stop cleaning! Let your body heal itself, then when you are back to "our" normal you can clean!
  3. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

Bumping for ideas. I deleted most of the babbling so there's not so much irrelevent junk to read. Any ideas at all? suppliments? foods? anything?
  4. leia72

leia72 New Member

i was there a week ago. i hate getting a cold when i already feel like death most of the time!

one thing that helps me is taking a peroxide bath.
    i put 1/2 carton epsom salth and 2 bottles (i think 32 oz) of peroxide in a warm (hot enough to dissolve the epsom salts) bath and soak for 20 min.
    the peroxide enters your pores and really helps kill the cold germs in you. my colds never last as long when i do that each night.

hope it helps and you are better soon,
    leia
  5. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Please read my response to samjenkin (on this page) to her post *Recovering from Pneumonia - any tips?*

It`s the same advice for you too, so please have a look at it.

Love Pat.
  6. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

Just wanted to thank all of you for your ideas. They are all helping. But now I think I have a bladder infection ontop of all of this! lol it just never ends does it? Thanks again everyone.