A need to VENT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by taniazcatz, Apr 5, 2006.

1. taniazcatz

taniazcatz New Member

Does anyone else ever feel like this- sometimes you just get to a point when you have to vent your feelings because for a moment (or more) you get tired? Tired of hurting, tired of being exhausted, tired of being misunderstood by those who have NO idea what FMS is? That's where I am today. Im just tired. I hate having to take narcotic pain relievers everyday because if I don't the pain in my joints would overwhelm me and would be immobile and in agony. I hate having to rely on these meds, hoping that I dont run short or run out before I can get a refill. I hate not being able to get down on the floor and play with my 10 month old son. I also hate having to take an antidepressant daily , but without it, I would feel worse. I remeber being "normal". Somedays I just feel a little sorry for myself , isn't that horrible of me? Having FMS has made me feel like sometimes I just exsist, now on good days I feel alive. I like it when my husband and I can go out to dinner and see a movie and for a while not have to talk about how much pain I am in or if I feel like going to an activity. I know this phase will pass and I will continue on because I will not give up what life I have to FMS. Its already taken more than enough from me and when I get my strength back I will fight it and maybe even win a few battles. But for now, for today, I choose to vent the hurt, anger, frustration that I feel . A lot of times we suffer silently for one reason or another, and I guess today I just didnt feel like being silent. Thanks for letting me vent.

Tanya
    [This Message was Edited on 04/05/2006]
  2. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I do feel ya..
    I know what ya mean.
    I am sitting here thinking of all of my symptoms that I am feeling right here right now and it is so overwhelming. It makes me just want to scream!!!

No it is not horrible to feel sorry for yourself. God knows somebody needs too and if we are the only ones then so be it.
    I remember when I first got dx I just thought I am not going to be that person that gets down and then here I am. I mean some days are better.

But they are fewer and fewer. So you are not alone. I send you a huge cyber hug!!!
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Tanya:
    It is so good to vent. It is just a better way of letting it all out. Just do what you have to do and do not get discouraged. Having these disorders makes life difficult, but not impossible. I know you know that, but wanted to give you a dose of moral support.

Hugs to you,
    NyroFan
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Bit tired for decent reply but wanted you to know I care.

Love Anne C
  5. Nakomis

Nakomis New Member

IMO it's good for your soul. I do it on a semi-regular basis, even though the cats are getting tired of hearing me stating my opinion in no uncertain terms. In my case, it's more a rant/rave session, but it sure feels good!

CFIDS and/or FM are the pits, no matter how you look at it, and it's well and good to be brave and keep on truckin', but sometimes you've got to get it out.

My hubby dumped me for another woman when it became clear I wasn't going to get better any time soon and my kids are all grown, but I hate not being able to be the kind of grandmother I'd dreamed of. I wanted to be a "hands on" grannie, taking them for weekends, playing with them, teaching them stuff (etc) ... well, so much for that. Ten minutes with those little live-wires and I'm just a wreck, so I have to cram as much as I can into that time and spend the next week recovering. They're worth the pain and exhaustion, but I feel robbed. We've all been robbed and it's *not fair*. So as far as I'm concerned, a vent or rant or downright hissy fit now and then is the healthy thing to do.

I think I'm rambling today ... it's a bit foggy in here ... so maybe I should shut up now :)

Hang in however you can!
  6. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I know how you feel, I just vented the other day.

I hate not being able to ride bikes with my family. My husbands family all like to get together and play volleyball. I love that sport, always have growing up. I hate going anymore because all I can do is sit on the sidelines. Because we all know what would happen if I played. Even dancing is out, I still try sometimes forgetting about my fms, and pay for it the next day. I think this is a great place to vent because we all can relate most of the time and have the best ears just to listen.

Halo