A New Diet I'm Trying

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Jun 28, 2009.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

In my undending battle to lose a few pounds, my devotedly vegan daughter emailed me an article about a diet called 'Vegan Til Six.' If you google it, you will find several articles pertaining to it, but essentially the premise is you eat vegan all day, and then you can have meat and animal products with dinner. The author also mentioned that he tried to elminate as many flour based products as he could during the day.

I found this a bit intriguing, so I decided to put it to the test. I do not like to constantly weigh myself, will do so in a few weeks, but I can tell you, I've been doing the diet since last Tuesday (five days) and shorts I could not fit into last week fit me comfortably today!!

Anyway,I just wanted to pass this along to my friends. If you have a moment, read the articles and let me know what you think.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I hope it works. Sounds like you're off to a good start.

I looked on the net for a vegan joke and found this:

What do you call a vegan post-punk band?

Soy division.

I have no idea what is funny about the above.

3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I don't get that joke at all, and believe me with two vegan daughters, I've just about heard the all. Seriously, I really do not get it!

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation. That would make a good question for double

Now that you mention it, I remember we used to have a poster who had
    Joy Division for a username.

5. Annettemarieschell

Annettemarieschell New Member

I am also trying to watch my weight, lost 30 lbs. 2 yrs. ago, and need to lose 15 more, it is hard, I have to try to get some meat in my diet to raise my iron, which is always low. but I feel like the meat makes me gain weight, I also bloat with wheat products. its tricky. good luck with your diet, I may look it up.
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

A friend of mine decided to go totally vegan when he realized the amounts he could eat and still lose weight. He was a big guy, over 6' and 280+. I believe he ate potatoes and other starchy veggies, but not nuts, legumes etc.... so the weight just fell off.

Of course he didn't stay on it or integrate it into a moderate diet, which is probably the worst thing he could do.... so every once in a while he repeats it.