A new doc, and a flu shot

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Nov 12, 2002.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I did it, I changed medical groups and found a new primary doc. Really, though, I'll be seeing the nurse practitioner there, with whom I have already chatted on the phone. I think she and I can work together for my benefit in helping me continue to feel better and beat this DD. This will take effect on Dec. 1. I may send my old doc a letter thanking him for the years of care and a brief explanation of why I left. Haven't decided on that yet.

While at the market yesterday, I came upon a table set up for flu shots! Checked out with my groceries, got $20 cash back, and 'bought' a flu shot at the grocery store. Amazing, isn't it? Didn't have to stand in line, or make an appointment or anything. The nurse asked me 6 times about allergies and if I was acutely ill at that time, so she was careful. So far, no side effects and none expected, other than a sore arm.

New doc and a flu shot, all in the same day. And a great price on Gala apples, too. Whew!

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

I did it, I changed medical groups and found a new primary doc. Really, though, I'll be seeing the nurse practitioner there, with whom I have already chatted on the phone. I think she and I can work together for my benefit in helping me continue to feel better and beat this DD. This will take effect on Dec. 1. I may send my old doc a letter thanking him for the years of care and a brief explanation of why I left. Haven't decided on that yet.

While at the market yesterday, I came upon a table set up for flu shots! Checked out with my groceries, got $20 cash back, and 'bought' a flu shot at the grocery store. Amazing, isn't it? Didn't have to stand in line, or make an appointment or anything. The nurse asked me 6 times about allergies and if I was acutely ill at that time, so she was careful. So far, no side effects and none expected, other than a sore arm.

New doc and a flu shot, all in the same day. And a great price on Gala apples, too. Whew!

Peace,
    Beth.
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm getting my flu shot tomorrow, too--same place, my local grocery store! I'm a real believer--this will be my twelfth year, and no reaction and NO FLU in all those years.

Before I moved, my favorite doctor was my doc's nurse practitioner--she was the best, & gave me more time than my doc. Thereafter, I'd always ask for her. Now I'm still trying to find a decent replacement in my new location.

And the only apples my daughter will eat are Galas!

Have a great day!!!
    Pam

[ advertisement ]