A New Fur Baby For Me...Apology for earlier post!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaR, Nov 17, 2005.

1. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am posting this because I think I have confused many by adding it to old post... where I was down about loosing my two older cats! It was titled "To HANGININTHERE AND ALL CAT LOVERS".

I apologize I didn't think about it until I had seen a couple of responses to it tonight. There were so many prior posts that it was confusing!
    Anyway, I have a new baby now. My hubby brought her to me today. She is a little gray tiger about 4 months old. She was abandoned at a store near us... and he was afraid that someone would hurt her. She is in good health, but I am taking her to vet tomorrow for shots, check-up, etc.

I really am not ready to take on another, but how could I refuse her? I love cats so much...I know I can make it...especially when it seems meant to be! I will post her pic soon.

Again, sorry about the first post.

MamaR
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2005]
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

She really looks so much like your baby....I think. I will try to add to profile.
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

It was hard to get a good pic tonight. This one doesn't show her markings as I would like...as I couldn't get her entire body...but will try again later. See what you think Kristie!

Mari
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I can see how she got the name. I have an 11 year old female cat named Biscuit. I had her profile up for a while and then put my photo back up.

I guess you can tell how I feel about cats from my user name. lol

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Just checked back in before going to bed. I have more tests at hospital in A.M. by 7:00...it takes an hour to get to hospital...I better get my self in the bed if I am going to get up!

I have just had such an exciting...but tiring day today, with the kitty coming and all I had to get her setup...hope it goes good tonight!
    My pain level was actually bearable today!

Have a good night girls....Mari
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

MamaR ... she is a little beauty .. and I pick up (from the picture for some reason) that she is a "thinker" .. so look out for mischief ! haha !
    Fudge : )
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I'm a cat lover, too. One of my three cats is a tiger, and when she was younger, she looked similar to your new baby. I'm glad your kitty's story had a happy ending. One of my cats was a stray that someone probably dropped off and the other two we got at the Humane Society.

Have fun with the new baby!

Ellen
  8. 1horse

1horse New Member

She is beautiful..good luck with her..
  9. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

She looks just like our "Mama" - God bless her soul. I will spare you the details, even my hubby had a hard time with that one - she was one of the best mousers we had!

We have a difficult time keep kitties around our house with all of our labs because they just play them to death. That is not what happened to Mama but the labs just don't understand. I'm sorry if I offended anyone:(

Love your new friend - she is beautiful!!
    Kelly
  10. twerp

twerp New Member

little Peanut! Same markings; same color eyes. I hope she brings you as much joy and fun as Peanut (and her brother Bubba) have brought me. I'm going to try to post their pictures one day so you all can see how beautiful they are.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  11. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Your new baby is so cute. I too am an animal lover but cats are absolutely my favorite!

I'm so sorry you lost your older cats. The grief we feel towards our animal companions is just as intense as the grief we feel towards our human ones. It just isn't easy to say good-bye and takes time to heal. Having a new kitty certainly doesn't take away the pain you feel towards your other kitties but it helps the grieving process when you have an empty spot in your heart that can be filled with new joy brought by a new pet. I hope she will bring you much joy and many smiles!!

I have a Persian who is 13 1/2 and I know my time with her is getting shorter. I dread the day I have to say good-bye and just thinking about it breaks my heart. I have never lived without a pet companion, I've lost many but always find some solace in the happiness new life brings to the house...and my heart.

Sincerely
    JL
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Cats are such a comfort, and I am so glad your husband brought you a cat...I know they are work, but they are so worth it in the companionship and love they bring. By the way, tiger cats are my favorite! (-:

I'm anxious to see her picture. I hope you are doing a little better. I felt bad not responding to your last post, but just didn't know what to say and I felt so bad for you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers...and don't ever apologize for expressing your feelings; you were in a bad place and many of us like to help others...just like you help others by your kindness and concern often!

Have fun with your new baby.

Hugs,
    Sue
  13. over50

over50 New Member

HiMamaR,
    I didnt see"the first post",I am allergic to cat hair..so I can look,but,cant touch.I am so glad you saved her.She is really pretty,and I bet she appreciates her new warm home.
    Youre such a loving and caring person.
    I have a dog,he is about 10yrs,Lab/Austrailian Shepherd.He has done a great job of training me.And I just love him.
    I hope your new baby is going to be a blessing to you.
    Take care,
    Love,Linda
  14. kbak

kbak Member

I felt exactly the same way when I lost my last cat. I didn't want another animal and have to risk going threw the trama of another loss. Well, here I am with another cat, who was a stray in our neighborhood. My daughter says there's a sign on our house saying "people here sucker for stray cats, come on in".
  15. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I have been out at the hospital today for more tests and came home totally exhausted with a terrible headache. But, this is the last for awhile. Now...wait on the results!

I finally decided to check in here for a bit as the headache is gone.....Yeh!!

I was so overwhelmed by all of the responses!! Oh, how much I appreciate you all. I don't have many cat lovers around me...and I have always been drawn to them like a magnet. It is nice to share with other cat lovers and, even puppy dog lovers too! I love them too!

Sweet Tehya (AKA: Precious)... is already acting like the queen of the house.

I managed to run her up to the local vet....a terrific guy!! He said that she is about 4 months old and in good shape. We have started her vaccinations, etc. The only problem so far is the little claws! I didn't want to have her declawed...but vet said if she was to be a indoor cat only...it is safe. Of which she will be. I am just thinking about it...have a month to decide! Just don't know what to do about it. I can't let her total my furniture!

Well, I hope you all have a good night. I will read some tomorrow and try to see how everyone is doing!

Love ya guys....MamaR
  16. daylilyfan

daylilyfan New Member

a product called Soft Paws or it might be all one word SoftPaws online. They are little plastic nail covers you glue on.

I have a friend who is physically handicapped, and cannot use his hands very well, so I put these on his cat for him. You just clip their nails, then put some special glue in the little caps, and press them on the cat's nail, hold a few seconds, and they stay on for several weeks. Then, you replace as needed. They come in many colors. His cat is a soft gray and we got hot pink nail caps for her. Very stylish! LOL!

They saved his leather chair!

About $20 for quite a few caps - I think 40 of them. We've been using from that original package for quite a while, but we only do her front claws.
  17. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I will check out the softpaws. It sounds like that would work.

Mari
  18. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I went online to search and even found them at Petsmart.

I will get them next trip.

Thanks so much for this solution to my problem!