A NEW MATTRESS ordered...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Aug 10, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

So, our beautiful Beautyrest mattress, a mere 5 years old, has become a torture rack for me. My back hurts so much in the morning that we had to do something.

So we looked, and I found a mattress on the internet, checked it out, used in hospitals all over...called the SAT...Self-Adjusting something. The shipping is free, a 90 day trial time, and return if displeased anytime after 30 days. It looks good, and as the hospitals (very famous hospitals) use them, we decided to try it.

We don'thave to buy a new support as our present box springs will work fine. I certainly hope it helps as if I do sleep, my back is really awful because I've been on it all night.

I'll let you know when I get it and how it goes. This is for the arthritis in my back...just got a new xray done at the rheumies. Who knows what he will say. Don't want to get started on doctors again. Stop me!

Any of you have get new beds? We tried a good memory foam pad and it did nada! Waste of money.

Hope you all get something that will help you sleep better. We do need that. I'm hoping this bed will help with my overall physical pain level as my back is the worst!

Take care...Sue
  2. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

but wonder what the sleep number bed would be like. I can't afford a new mattress anyway, but would like more foam. Can't afford that either!

I do work for a furniture company and one of the buyers told me that he could get me one of the all foam mattresses for about $800, which is about 1/2 of the retail. He said alot of the companies will cut you a deal so that you can testify to how good the mattress is.

Sonya
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

a self adjusting bed...a special frame and innards ( I don't now what they call the inside of it!)...my husband looked at it and thought it looked sound. We'll see. This one does not need electricity as it works to adjust to you as you lie down and move around. Then, it returns to the normal level when you get up.

Don't know...Just ready to do something. We've been talking about it for some time, and even though this is not a great time to put another outlay of money, something has to be done.

I'll let you know. That half price mattress sounds good, but make sure about the warrenty and the trial period. This one we bought is 90 days...now you can get a great idea in that time.

Anyway, hope you do find something soon. Sleeping is so important and so hard to achieve, it seems.

Hugs,
    Sue
  4. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I know that mattress. It is filled with air and can be pumped up and down. When you sit, it sinks down some and when you get up you can hear it pumping back up. My Mom had one in her hospital room.

I knew you were not talking about a sleep number, I was just wondering about it cause they talk about it all the time on tv. You would think the Bionic Woman would not need a fancy mattress, but there you have it...

I thought you were talking about one of those like the Craftmatic Adjustable bed though and wondered how that would help. Now I get it. I hope it is good for you.

I got my foam topper before I got bad because of everyone talking about it here. I have been on it awhile now and forget how it was before. When I first got it, everyone would come in and sit on it and sigh!

If I sleep away from home I know the difference though!

Love,
    Sonya
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Actually, this one does not have to be pumped maually...I don't really get it, but we'll see.

Anyway, how did your mom like hers? Interested in hearing.

We have a video and info coming from Sleep Number Bed, also. If this doesn't work out, then we need some more options. I priced a sleep number once, and if it was a true quote (on the internet site), it was way outpriced. We'll see, though. I wonder how they have so much money to advertize? Do you ever wonder about things like that?

Anyway, I'm sorry the foam topper isn't quite cutting it anymore. Drat our bodies. Every year it gets harder and harder, doesn't it?

Love,
    Sue
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

can't say about how Mom liked it cause I don't know. She was in the hospital with cancer at the time. I just know what you are talking about from that.

I don't mean you have to pump it up by hand, I meant that it has a pump, probably something like the sleep number.

Sonya