a new painting in my profile

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Oct 11, 2005.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

I thought I would change the picture in my profile. This one hangs in my bedroom.
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

you have a great talent, what a beautiful painting. I can see why you're able to sell your paintings.

My son bought me acrylic paints for my birthday and I'm going to have a wee go, doubt if I have talent but I think I will enjoy it.

Thanks for showing us this lovely painting.

love
    Rosie
  3. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Sunflowergirl,

What beautiful pansies you've created! I was wondering how big it is? Do you sell your paintings? I'd love to see more! Thanks for sharing!

Francie
  4. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

This is my Favorite so far....WOW....

You Really have talent...I wished I could paint something so beautiful, but I can hardly draw a stick man, much less paint..LOL

I love the colors...would love to have this hanging in my home!!!!

Gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  5. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I wish I could do that! I'm not surprised you are able to sell. I wish it were hanging on my wall! They were my grandad's favourite flowers...aren't they called Pansies...he used to point out little faces to me in the middle of them!

Thanks for sharing!

Love Shelbo
  6. shelbo

shelbo New Member

or do you sit the ssubject in front of you? I'd love to have a go at painting...is that in oils? Have you been to art college of something? Love Shelbo
  7. sunflowergirl

The questions. I'm self taught but have been painting/piddling for years. For this painting I bought a little pot of them then just held one in my hand as I painted.

There are a lot of really good books out there if anyone wants to learn. There are also some good programs on PBS. This one is oils 3'x4'. Oils are my favorite medium as it's so forgiving. If you don't like it, paint over it. I also love to work in pastels (chalk) because I can work it with my fingers on the paper. That's a good place to get started for anyone who wants to begin.

I've worked from photos as inspiration, and also plein aire painting.....which is painting outdoors. Sometimes I have set up objects in front of me and let the light catch the shadows and highlights. I really recommend painting to anyone who has the desire.

I used to sell in some galleries years ago but got out of creating until I quit work because of FM. I do this for my own enjoyment. Recently I began working in small 9" x l2" hoping that because they were small I could sell them easier. Supplies cost money and this helps buy them.

I would love to help anyone get started so don't be afraid to ask.
  8. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I love pansies and have tried painting them myself.I was trying to follow instruction in a book, it was a mess.

But your pansies are beautiful,happy and so elegant.I love the big flowers,the flow of the painting,the fact when you look at it you can't help but think of spring and good things.I love stuff like that.

Is this pastel,oil?I hope to see more of your work.I love art.I love creativity.My creative times are some of my only times that I connect with myself.It is a precious time and a personal time to exspress freely.I just love it.

Once again, a Beautiful painting.
    Sheila
  9. pam_d

pam_d New Member

What a talented gal you are! I'd love to see more of your work...

Thanks for sharing this with us,
    Pam
  10. sunflowergirl

How are you doing since that fall? Hope everything has healed up better than ever. Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you liked the painting. I've always loved pansies too.