A new question for Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crickett, Nov 7, 2002.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

I got very sick with this flu/cold bug that is going around last Thursday. Last year I kept getting the same thing over and over. Actually 5 times in 7 months. The doctor usually prescribes amoxicillin and guaefenesin(6oomg twice a day) The odd that happens is that I'm sicker than a dog, but I don't have the same bad fibro pain as I usually do. Now, I have take Guaefensin in the past to try and help the fibro, but with little or no improvement. What do you think? Is it the brand of guaefenisin,? the combination of the antibiotic? I really don't think that suddenly I'm out of a flare, because this has happened several times over the past year when I take these drugs. I"d appreciate your input.
    Loce,
    Crickett
  2. crickett

crickett New Member

I got very sick with this flu/cold bug that is going around last Thursday. Last year I kept getting the same thing over and over. Actually 5 times in 7 months. The doctor usually prescribes amoxicillin and guaefenesin(6oomg twice a day) The odd that happens is that I'm sicker than a dog, but I don't have the same bad fibro pain as I usually do. Now, I have take Guaefensin in the past to try and help the fibro, but with little or no improvement. What do you think? Is it the brand of guaefenisin,? the combination of the antibiotic? I really don't think that suddenly I'm out of a flare, because this has happened several times over the past year when I take these drugs. I"d appreciate your input.
    Loce,
    Crickett
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not sure either. Guai usually will not have any effect unless, as you know, one eliminates the sals. It's possible that a stealth pathogen is being killed off with the antibiotic and that is giving you relief. Or, it could be a combo or just plain old Fibro capers which keep us guessing what in the world is going on.

Where is Madwolf? Perhaps he can shed some light on this.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just bumping in the hopes that someone else may have an answer for you.

Love, Mikie