A new stained glass pic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Look in my profile to see what I made by special request from a dear, sweet lady on this board. My flutterby will be flying over the ocean. Thanks for looking-Carla
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Lovely as always. Was this color requested for a special reason?

I don't know how you can cut class into curves. I tried using a glass cutter decades ago. Couldn't even cut straight lines.

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm sure she will love it too.

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i wished i could do things like that carla.

can you make one that resembles the golden gate bridge by chance do you think.. my mother in law had one but it broke...

it hung in her window.

5. ckball

ckball New Member

Rock I use a power glass band saw that cools with water. Then each peice is hand grinded on a wet grinding wheel. Cutting the curves is nearly impossible with some glass, even straight lines can be a challenge. It is a very tedious process but it takes me away for hours once I get in the groove-Carla
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

hmm, I use to work for a company that built bridges but I haven't tried myself. It can be done but would not be cheap, lots of little details increases the cost.

Yes, the colors were requested- I forgot to answer that one for Rock. Carla
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thanks for taking the time to share these with us. Such a nice respite from sadness.

8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

You're motivating me!

9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

bay area for her...i knew it wasn't cheap to begin with..

thanks anyways.

10. ckball

ckball New Member

If you had a picture of something similar I may be able to replicate it. The price depends on how many peices that are in it. Maybe tell me a budget and I may be able to work within those limits. There are tricks depending on how detailed you want it. I also paint on glass. Carla
  11. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Carla,

It's beautiful,so very graceful and love that type of glass too.

12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

It's beautiful........and it has me wondering who the lucky lady is???

Me thinks you may have just started a business...

Nancy B
  13. jaltair

jaltair New Member

My husband use to do stained glass .. took a class in it. We collect it now. Usually it's the old stuff from windows etc.

We have some hanging in our windows - instead of curtains as we both hate drapes and curtains and love the open feeling of the window. The stained glass just makes the windows come alive!

Thanks for sharing. Maybe one day when we've moved into our home, my husband and I can take it up again.

Wonderful stuff!
  14. JLH

JLH New Member

It is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have such talent!!