A new symptom - loss of balance, falling

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellygirl, May 5, 2011.

1. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

A new symptom has emerged. I think, though, because in the past I use to get massages and treated for myofascial pain and went to the chiropractor that I never experienced this as badly as today.

I was walking my dog. I walk on dirt along the river, trying to walk a sidewalk or tile surface like at the mall, is difficult. I was walking along the path and all of a sudden, my body is leaning left, then right, I couldn't straighten myself and felt like I was falling!

My neck is really compressed lately, I scheduled a massage at the school for tomorrow.

I do have degenerative discs and spinal stenosis.

Anyone have any experience with this?

2. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I also have that. It can cut off your circulation and cause less blood flow to the brain. But just in case that is not what is going on I would definitely tell your doctor. Do you take Grape seed extract it helps with circulation go see Jams comments.
  3. kezzluvscats

kezzluvscats New Member

Before my diagnosis i was clumsy and had falls. I still do sometimes usually if i get tired. I save up for my shoes as i have to go to a good shop and get fitted, this also helps with posture and pain. I find that my runners and shoes last years anyway so it's worth the money. Good Luck
  4. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

Thanks for responding! I have an appt. with gyno this week for other issues that have cropped up and with my primary next week.

I am also going to see about a handicap placard, never thought I would ever write this for myself....our state parks do not allow you to take the car to the beach area to unload! If symptoms are happening that day like with the dizziness and leg/hip pain, I won't be able to take my grandson, so I am going to get a placard for my car when I need it.

I have been blessed all these years with mild symptoms until I had anesthesia in '08, now it's one thing after another!
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry to read this. Ask your doc. Sometimes, dizzyness is caused by something in the ear and can be addressed. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  6. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I am going to a massage school once a week and hopefully that will loosen the neck up a bit. I have no spaces between the discs in the neck and could not afford the massage therapy anymore, but the school is only $10 for a half hour.