A New To Do List

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Monday--depending on what is open on Monday:

Call Dentist office-get a appt for me & hubby
    Go to DMV-I need new tags for my car ~~next month Husb will ned new tags for his truck

Go pick up prescriptions
    go to work for 4 hours

Go look for new work shoes
  2. ikathy

ikathy New Member

I've not posted for many years, but still like to come to this board for good information. I'm such a scatterbrain when it comes "To Do Lists". My energy levels and pain levels dictate what I get accomplished each week.

Here is what I hope to get done this week:

Pay bills
    Clean kitchen floor
    Take down Christmas tree
    Plan meals for the week

Oh, and I work 5 hours a day in a school. Start back on Tuesday.
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi all,
    Beadlady, thanks for starting a new thread, it's always good to see old friends posting and new ones as well.

Today I have an appt with a new Endo doc at Bethesda. My blood sugar lows have been out of control again so I have hopes that they can do more for me here than they could in Germany. I've been spending too much time in bed again.

We're hoping to get the tree down as well this week. My daughter Katy has taken down and packed up almost all of our decorations so that was a huge help for me.

Hopefully this trip to Bethesda won't wear me out too much.

Hugs all,

4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I make Christmas ornaments out of beads, shells, wire, broken pieces of jewelry, charms, bells and other misc things.

Depending how many ornaments I have made over the year I give my family & special friends a few that I have made and I also share some with others~~like this past Christmas I sent a bunch to a friend who runs a very rural foodbank. I also donated about 50 of them for a craft show fundraiser for an animal shelter.

I also have made some beaded crosses to hang in windows and some other colorful window hangings--these are harder to make than the ornaments but are wonderful to have around for birthday gifts or a just because gift.

I'm always on the lookout for beads & other things I can use--I try to get to the thrift stores about once a week and yard sales are always a good place too.

5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

So far I not much done on my to do list but I did get the rent paid, got my license plate tags, did 4 loads of laundry & 2 loads of dishes. Tomorrow {Friday} is my day off so maybe I can get some more things done.
  6. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Another way of doing things is making a list of the things of even the small things I DO get done each day:

Get up, brush my hair, eat, take my meds, watch TV and play with my pooch, take a nap, fold laundry,

My normal rountine I try to get up in the morning when my husb leaves for work, eat a little something & take my morning meds and go back to bed & watch TV while my meds are hopefully kicking in so I can move. :)

Friday & Saturday is my weekend, so most generally on Fridays I veg part of the day, do my grocery shopping, go to the library

I work 2 pt jobs sun-Thur and between the 2 jobs it is about 30 hours a week. I doubt I ever will be able to work full time again. Tues & Thurs are my toughest days as I have to work both jobs--but I generally have time to come home and lay down for an hour or so in between & that really helps.

The crochet snowflakes sound wonderful; I've seen some of those before with sequeins & beads sewn on them or with glitter on them too.

I really need to get ready to go out--HAVE to get to the pharmacy today to pick up my meds--out of several :)

Take care of yourself
  7. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Hi all,
    Good to hear from some new people....welcome! We like to chat about lots of things, not just what we need to get done (LOL!)

I don't have chronic fatigue, but I had discovered this board when my son had it, back about 7 years ago. So I still visit now and then because I like the people!

My son is over his chronic fatigue....we believe it was a combination of things that made him better: we had all of his mercury fillings replaced, I had him on many supplements, including B 12, plus I believe prayer was also a big part of his healing. He is now happily married and they have a 4 month old baby boy. They live in Canada, about 6 hours north of us.....it is a long drive, but we try to go up if we can spend the weekend there.

Today I have some accompanying to do. A high school clarinet player is in a concerto competition, so I am his accompanist. Hope it goes well!

Have a great weekend!