A new WORKING supplement regimen

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carolyn0508, May 27, 2003.

1. Carolyn0508

Carolyn0508 New Member

Greetings All,

I'm excited to report that I've gotten the latest flare under control and feeling almost "normal" by taking the following:

Prescrip meds
    Celexa - 20mg/day
    Xanax - .5mg/day

Supplements
    B-12 sublingual - 2000mcg/day (this is like a pain pill for me)
    Flax seed oil 3TBSP/day (makes me sleep better and eliminates hot flashes at night)
    Ester C - 1000mg/day
    B-5 - 250mg/day
    Calcium - 1000mg/day
    Magnesium - 250mg/day
    Just added Zinc lozenges(sublingual)- 10-20mg/day
    Natural progesterone cream - approx 20mg for 21 days
    Melatonin (sublingual) - .25mg/night

All of the above has helped tremendously with pain,energy, and focus. Thanks to all of you and your shared experience and advice as I built part of this regimen from reading your posts. MSM really worked well too, but I'm found I can't take it since upping the flax seed - that actually CAUSES muscle pain. For now, because of the alleviated hot flashes, I will stick with the flax though I highly recommend MSM to anyone not taking flax or the combo might not have the same affect on someone else.

I've also come to the conclusion, as many here seem to have, that any supplement that is liquid or sublingual works better for me. Related to that malabsorption issue? Just praying this works for good. Too often, what works for a while goes pffft later.

Anyway, enough rambling today. It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood and I'm out to enjoy it!

Cheers and Blessings
    Carolyn
  2. AnnG

AnnG New Member

I'm going to try the flax oil for hot flashes! My hubby says he's amazed the bed doesn't light on fire!
  3. lmn

lmn New Member

So glad to hear you've found what works for you. I'm still searching! My biggest fear is taking too much of any supplement and making myself sick. I think I'll copy your regimine and see how I do.
    Thanks for sharing, and good luck to you!!
    lmn
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

You are doing all the right things to treat functional adrenal insufficiency, which I think is a huge part of these DD's, so it does not surprise me that you feel better.
    However, after about 2 months, you should probably lower the dose of B5 to no more than 125 mgs. That should be enough to help your adrenals without interferring with absorption of the other B vitamns.

Good going!
    Klutzo
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

What an upbeat post! So glad you are doing well. So am I on the supplements and yes, the Xanax too!

Was outside planting in my garden, is that feeling good or what???

Keep it up, and do take Klutzo's advice, she is the greatest around here, even if I make her 'blush' saying this :)!

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Carolyn0508

Carolyn0508 New Member

I'm bumping this myself because I am still excited about the progress. I'm having more energy to spend longer hours at the kids' schools volunteering which is good for all the end of the year activities. Just can't seem to connect with the housework though. Maybe that will come next.

Cheers
    Carolyn