A Note to Everyone on the Board - Please Read This!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BxGirl, Aug 10, 2005.

1. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

I recently began working full-time. I used to be able to spend quite a bit of time on the Board. I could read most of the posts and reply to lots of people.

Now I'm working full-time and can't spend the amount of time here that I'd like to. Please don't think I'm pulling away or am stand-offish. I'm not. I envy you all who can spend more time here, chatting with people and making friends. But time doesn't allow that for me anymore.

I do come on every day, but can't be here for as long as I'd like. I hope you all understand. This Board has changed my life (for the better)! I feel as if I have a home here.

Thanks!!!!

Love,
    BxGirl
  2. Kourysgranny

Kourysgranny New Member

but am very glad to hear you're going to work! I wish I could. Good luck to you and drop a line now and then to let us know how it's going!

Granny
  3. neen85

neen85 New Member

Is it a new job or a change to "full-time" status? I hope it isn't stressful for you and is something you are able to handle. I wish you nothing but good. It was great getting to know you. I will be sure to read anything you are able to post if my health allows me to be on! Daneen
  4. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

I'll be here every day - I just can't spend the amount of time I used to. I started a new job a few weeks ago. It's full-time because it's a really good job and I'm making good money (to be blunt)! So far I'm able to handle it.

My last job was part-time but I hardly had any work and almost fell asleep at my desk every day! But this job is busy and I love it! Even though I work all day the time goes very fast. I begin at 7:00 a.m. and hardly anyone is there. By the time 9:00 comes around, I've already worked 2 hours! I leave at 4:00 which gives me time to go to Curves, go shopping or just go home and take care of things here (and also come on the Board)!

I'm not leaving at all - I would never do that!!!!

Love,
    BxGirl
  5. nina2

nina2 New Member

Good luck with your full time position. Great news!

We understand and we will be looking for your posts.

Your part of us here,and we welcome you each and everytime you
    drop by.

nina
  6. elsa

elsa New Member

You're sweet to post that. Good luck in your new job. I hope you are feeling o.k..

I'll look forward to your posts when you have time.

Take it easy and enjoy your work........

hugs,

Elsa
  7. sheried

sheried New Member

I'm really glad things are coming together for you. I hope that you will continue to have good days.

I look forward to reading your posts, so please don't forget us.

Hugs,
    Sherie
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

Congratulations on the new job!! I'm glad that you like what you're doing--that means a lot, and makes the time go by faster.

What type of work are you doing? If I'm being too nosey--just tell me!

I'm glad you will still have a little bit of time to visit the board every evening!

Keep us posted on how the job is going!

Take care,
    Janet
  9. greatgran

greatgran Member

I am so happy for you, but how did you turn your life around? Its hasn't been a month ago I read about your anxiety and fears etc..I am still having all these fears and anxieties but am trying to work 10 hrs a week and can't seem to manage that..I have cfs and the only med I taking is xanax.

Any input to help would be appreciated..Again I am so happy for you..
  10. BxGirl

BxGirl New Member

I have been a Legal Secretary for the past 8 years. However, I always worked part-time.

I recently left a part-time job because the attorney I worked for quit and I didn't have enough work to do. I was bored stiff and would fall asleep at my desk! Also, another attorney smoked a pipe and it made me physically sick.

I decided to look for another job. I answered an ad for a job in the field I used to work in. It's also at a law firm. It was full-time but offered me a lot of money. I decided to go for it!

I really like the firm. I work from 7-4 and the time does go fast! The people are nice too. So far there's no "drama" there like there was on my past jobs.

Since I started taking Milk Thistle for my liver, I feel better. I still have pain, but that's not what bothers me the most. What bothers me the most is feeling "funny" a lot of the time. Like my body just isn't right.

But by working, I can get past that. I'm so involved that I don't think about myself. I'm not saying I feel 100% - I don't. And I'm not cured and I'm not "better". I just try to get past it.

There are a lot of things I want to do and things I like to do. I refuse to let fibromyalgia stop me from doing them. Sometimes I pay for that, with pain, fatigue and other upsets. Every morning I get up sore and stiff. I hobble into the bathroom, take a hot bath and by the time I leave the house I feel somewhat better.

Every day is a battle. Whether it's anxiety, pain, fatigue - it's not easy. I guess we all have to do the best we can.

BxGirl
    [This Message was Edited on 08/10/2005]
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good for you. Please do stop in as much as you can and let us know how you are doing. Best of luck.

Love, Mikie
  12. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I have been following your posts over the last few months and I am so glad things are going good for you now. I agree with you that being busy helps you not think about the pain. I find that is true with me too.

Take care and enjoy that new job! Sally
  13. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Thanks for telling us...we would miss you...we Will miss you, but I'm glad you're headed for a more fulfilling life. Take care...don't get too tired.

Best wishes,
    Sue