A NOTE TO "NORMALS "........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BILLCAMO, Aug 3, 2003.

1. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

RE: CFS/CFIDS , FM/FMS , & RELATED DD'S...... I DON'T HAVE THE SYMPTOMS OF THESE DD'S. AS BAD AS LOT OF PEOPLE DO , BUT ....NEVER IN MY WORST NIGHTMARE DID I EVER "DREAM" THAT: MOWING THE LAWN WOULD BE A MAJOR CHALLENGE... AS AN EX-PROFESSIONAL TRUCK DRIVER , IT WOULD WEAR ME OUT TO DRIVE THE 13 MILES TO TOWN WOULD BE SO DIFFICULT... & THEN I STILL HAD TO SHOP & DRIVE HOME.... TRIMMING MY TOENAILS OR FINGERNAILS WOULD BE A MAJOR TASK.... A SHOWER THAT USED TO INVIGORATE ME WOULD FATIGUE ME TO THE POINT WHERE I HAD TO REST FOR A HOUR BEFORE I CONTINUE..... I, A PERSON WHO USED TO BE ABLE TO TYPE 40-50 WORDS PER MINUTE , WOULD HAVE TO TYPE W/1 FINGER BECAUSE OF LOSS OF CONCENTRATION & CONTROL OF MY FINGERS...... I ,A PERSON WHO USED TO GET A'S IN HIGH SCHOOL & COLLEGE IN ENGLISH..... WOULD HAVE TO TYPE IN CAPS. , TRY TO SPELL CORRECTLY , & TRY TO USE "PROPER ENGLISH"..... CONSTANTLY GET UP TO DO SOMETHING & THEN FORGET WHAT..... HAVE TO FORCE MYSELF TO EAT..... & STILL GAIN WEIGHT...THE LIST GOES ON & ON... & MANY PEOPLE HAVE A BIGGER & MORE SERIOUS LISTS THAN I..... THANKS FOR LETTING ME VENT , BOARD..& FEEL FREE TO ADD.....BLESSINGS TO ALL !!!!! BILLCAMO. I HOPE I DID'NT BORE ANYONE. NORMALS...UNLESS YOU HAVE THESE DD'S OR ARE LIVING WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES , IT'S DARN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND..... PEACE !!!!!! PS...SOME NORMALS MAY LOOK AT THIS SITE & THINK WE ARE LOOKING FOR SYMPATHY.......IN FACT WE ARE LOOKING FOR UNDERSTANDING & SUPPORT !!! WHO WOULDN'T NEED THESE FIGHTING THESE DD'S.....
  2. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I MEANT IT !!!!!! PLEASE DO !!!!!! I COULD , BUT I'VE ALREADY SAID MORE THAN I INTENDED...... & BRAIN FOG IS MORE OF A CHALLENGE THAN I CAN HANDLE RIGHT NOW..... BUT I STILL FIGHT....... THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT !!!!!!! BLESSINGS & TAKE CARE !!!!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I LIKED YOUR POST, AND I SURE CAN RELATE, AS WE ALL CAN.
    I SEE THAT YOU ARE A RETIRED DRIVER, SORRY YOU HAD TO GIVE THAT UP. IT WAS ONE OF MY MANY OCCUPATION'S, AND I REALLY LOVED DRIVING, BUT AFTER MEETING MY SOON TO BE HUBBY, I GAVE IT UP. WHAT WE DO FOR LOVE.

I HAVE PROBABLY MET YOU ON THE ROAD, BACK IN 1979, I WAS DRIVING THROUGHT THERE A LOT.

I FIRST NOTICED MY PROBLEMS WITH NIGHT DRIVING BACK THEN, AND I USUALLY DROVE THE DAY SHIFT, LOL, I DROVE TEAM, ONE OF THE FIRST GALS ON THE ROAD, PROUD TO SAY.

I USED TO GET REAL WOZZY AFTER DRIVING FOR AWHILE, FOUND OUT RECENTLY THAT IT'S ANOTHER SYMPTOM THAT CAN BE RELATED TO THE FMS. I'LL LOOK IT UP LATER, IT'S BURIED IN MY RECENT PRINTING'S THAT I HAVEN'T FILED YET.

BEEN OUT LOOKING FOR A NEW CAR FOR ME, HUBBY SAY'S THAT IT SHOULD BE PART OF MY REHABALATION, TO HAVE A CAR THAT I CAN DRIVE AND THAT WON'T DRIVE ME INTO THE GROUND.
    I STILL TAKE ROAD TRIP'S WHEN I CAN, AND RECENTLY, I RENTED A NEW CAR WITH CRUISE CONTROL, TOOK ALL THE PAIN AWAY FROM MY HIPS AND LEG'S AND ANKLES.
    I UNDERSTAND THAT THE NEW SEMI'S HAVE CRUISE CONTROL NOW? THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF I WERE STILL DRIVING.

HEY YOU'LL HAVE TO COME OVER TO THE CHIT CHAT BOARD, WE ALSO HAVE ANOTHER GAL THAT IS A RETIRED , DO WE EVER?, DRIVER ALSO. JUST CLICK ON THE BANNER AT THE TOP, MESSAGED BOARDS, AND THEN THE MENU WILL COME UP WITH THE DIFFERENT BOARDS THAT ARE HERE. JUST CLICK ON TO THE CHIT CHAT BOARD, NOT THE ROOM. THERE'S A LOT OF JOKING AND FUN FOLKS OVER THERE. THEY WON'T LET US JUST GAB HERE, LOL.

ANYWAY NICE TO MEET YOU, SORRY YOU HAD TO GIVE UP THE ROAD DUE TO THIS STUPID SYNDROME. I DO LIKE YOUR IDEA, AND IF ANYONE HAS SOMETHING THAT IS WRITTEN IN A JOURALIST STYLE, SEND IT TO ME. HUBBY WORKS ON THE COPIER'S IN THE CBS NEWSROOM, AND I HAVE THOUGHT OF GOING TO WORK WITH HIM, AND THEN JUST SLIDING AN ENVELOPE, WITH THE STORY IN IT, ON TO SOME OF THE PRODUCERS DESK'S. I'M NOT GOOD AT WRITTING, SO HOPING SOMEONE WILL COME UP WITH A STORY THAT WILL HELP TO OPEN THE DOOR'S TO RESEARCH.
    WHILE I'M STILL ALIVE, IF YOU PLEASE. LOL.

SINCERELY,
    KREDCA4/SHARON AKA MEAN&ONER'Y
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2003]
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

Bill, I loved your post, I can sure relate about the toenails. It takes me forever to cut mine and I am just about all done in afterwards. I have to rest. Needless to say I put this task off as long as possible which only makes it worse. So I quite understand and have sympathy with you. libra55
  5. bitter-sweet

bitter-sweet New Member

I have never figured out what the definition to "normal" is. I sure can relate to everything in your post. You'll have understanding and support here. Be strong. God Bless.
  6. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Just teasing...you said alot but unfortunately those without a survivor in the family or a close friend, I would guess, would have no need to visit "CFS/FMS" Crossing.
    I was reading my profile to update it. I came about in 2001 and continue to come back; if I'm not here I am down or the computer is broke. This is my personal therapy.
    You are a fighter or you would not be here. Welcome. CactusLil'
  7. sofy

sofy New Member

Who are the normals your are talking to? I hate spending ANY time thinking about how compromised I am at doing the ordinare. Spending time thinking about it just brings me down and trying to convince someone, I do not know, that I really am sick is just too much for me to even comtemplate or care about.

Some seem to find relief in venting about their loss but others find power concentrating on the small triumphs. I hope you find a triumph today.

PS, just looked at your profile. I have VERY good friends who live in Yakima. Small world
  8. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

My husband is a former trucker too. He did it for almost 20 yrs. He has MS, then got hurt on the job and has been off work for over a year now. Truckers run in my family. He most likely won't be returning to the trucking business. Have you ever given thought to going into something else besides trucking? I know.. Its hard to think about that when feeling so bad. Maybe down the road a little, if you start to feel better, think about it then.

I went back to school thorugh my state vocational rehab. Met some wonderful friends there who were also disabled truckdrivers. I could so relate to how they felt. Support also helps.. Maybe look into that. It helps for some to vent and talk about it. It does me too.

You made me laugh on the toenail thing. Made me think what is really normal?

Tying my shoes, it can be a big feat all in its own. Understand.
  9. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

KREDCA4....... & THANKS TO ALL WHO RESONDED..... K/C4...THE LETTER YOU ASKED ABOUT , POSSIBLY MAY BE FOUND IN A POSTING MADE BY MAMAFURR ON 7/18...... CHECK W/HER SHE MAY HAVE WHAT YOU NEED........ I REMEMBERED SEEING IT , BUT HAD TO RESEARCH WHEN.... DUE TO FOG...... THANKS FOR INVITE TO CHIT CHAT.... I HAVE A TENDANCY TO BE A LURKER, WHEN IT'S FOGGY...... I TYPE SO SLOW THAT PEOPLE MAY FALL ASLEEP... WAITING FOR AN ANSWER..... BESIDES..... I STILL BELIEVE IN 1 CODE FOR CB'S....... I HAVE 2 EARS & 1 MOUTH..... I SHOULD LISTEN TWICE AS MUCH AS I SPEAK..... SO I GUESS I SHOULD CLAM UP NOW.... TAKE CARE !!!!!!!!!! BILLCAMO. PS. FOR CACTUSLIL..... I ALSO HAVE TO FIGHT A CRANKY COMP..... I THINK I GAVE IT CFIDS.......
  10. Antenbunny

Antenbunny New Member

I often just read and not write because I am so tired. I don't have the energy to comprehend and or to respond. It's hard not to want to give up, or get frustrated by people who just don't understand. I feel I live an unusual life. Kind of suspended in some way, waiting for something that will help. Friends and family are also frustrated because I don't get excited by some herb or drug that comes out. I'm just am not sure I believe anymore that anything can help me. I know that each and every one of you live in your own personal hell. Trying to find a way to live life and find meaning in the days that pass to quickly. Each day hoping that someone will find out what this is and why we suffer so. Is it our lot in life, is there are reason why we have to life this way. My spiritual life has suffered so, I used to believe in so much, now...
  11. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I used to be one of those "normals" - sadly, I was very insensitive to the pain other people were feeling (and wondered why I was lonely). Now I look at life differently. It is richer because the little things matter and even more because other people matter to me. I didn't know how much until I needed them and found they were there for me. I knew that in my "old" life I wouldn't have been there for them. It was a real growing up experience for me to find out at last what love is. I have a friend who has MS - she is now reduced to stuttering. She has a 2-year-old son. I'm glad I have been brought to a point in my life where I can really be there for her because I know her fear. I thought I would spend my life working hard to do something great, but now I realize that what is great is love between people, and though I hurt all the time I'm glad to finally feel that love. Unlike some, this condition has strengthened my faith, and I have felt God's touch through the hands of those around me.