A Notice to my Board &

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mrdad, Jan 11, 2007.

1. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Although there has been mounting pressure and support, I
    hereby refrain from announcing at this time my candidacy
    for President in 2008! However, I continue to explore
    it and appreciate your enthusiasm for such a possible fu-
    ture endeavor!

MRDAD & "Guido" (Campaign Treasurer)

[This Message was Edited on 01/11/2007]
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Oh, sure...

You just want a write-in vote from us!

3. larryh

larryh New Member

Aw! Come on! You would be at least a thousand times better than either political party will put forth. The American voter no longer really has a choice.

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

This is an unexpected shock. (Isn't that kinda redundant?) Sorta like me saying I'm not trying out for the Lakers this year.

One thing: you are ideally situated to run a front porch campaign. (Worked for Benjamin Harrison.)

I think Calvin Coolidge was the first to have his inauguration broadcast. You could be the first to have an internet campaign.

I agree w/ Larry 100%. You would be far better than tweedle dee or Larry, Moe and Curly. Maybe you can get Dave Barry as a running mate. If not Dave, Garrison Keillor.

"Laugh your troubles away, Friends. Vote for MrD and Dave."

5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Dave Barry and Mr. Dad....sounds like a ticket I'd vote for.

Hey, what else do you have to do? (-:

6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

the grapevine in the Beltway that you're planning on running in 2012, instead. Maybe you should start labelling your porch posts "the west wing."
  7. larryh

larryh New Member

I think you need to establish a comittee to research your running for president and get a web page up as soon as possible. You also need another comitte to tell you what you think about everything.

8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

But ya know Joe you don't tell them, you are running for President of the local TwoFer coupon club at Taco Bell. You spin doctor you!!!

Glad you are otherwise this would be a political post and as I don't have your email yet you better behave and fess up!!!

Love Annie Cromwell
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Larry: If it should come to that, I believe you would
    make an excellent Chairmen for the committee you suggest!

Rock: If you ran as my V.P. and being from So. "Kali-
    phonia" do we get to double the State's Electrical Votes?

Thanks to Sue and Findmind! Write-in's are a thought!
    And you're right about Rock and I having nuffin' else
    to do!

I think we should be positive if we so decide and cir-
    cumvent Miss Arkansas! OK, Rock?

[This Message was Edited on 01/12/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/12/2007]
  10. larryh

larryh New Member

I guess that is what I get for opening it. Better to be a chief telling others what to do than being told though. If you have enough nerve to decide to run how could I possible say no to being a part of it. Since I have CFS though you may want to pick two people for the one position for the days I don't even get out of bed.

Rock would make a good running mate. You almost have to have someone who has been to law school on the ticket these days. And, with Rock you get one of the rarest of the rare. A honest attorney.

My biggest worry is that both of you are over qualified. I mean; look at the morons we have running our country. I think it is because no one with any intelligence is willing to suffer the American press during a campaign. Can't say I blame them either.

I wanted to run for local City Council, but my wife said no. She thinks that after I get through telling people the truth for 2 yrs no one in town will speak to either of us. Personally I don't see that as being a bad thing.

11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm not going to be pleased until I hear a certain Poli-

tician cry out, "MY KINGDOM FOR A HORSE"!!

Then maybe even we can sleep a little better at night!

Try to have a Good Weekend!