A/o else's eyes sting & burn all the day long - headache related?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shelbo, Aug 11, 2005.

1. shelbo

shelbo New Member

Does a/o else have this? I have daily headaches..real sickeners and lots of facial pain too with pain on a scale of 8.5 out of ten, around and behind the eyes which is all CFS related, I believe...
    BUT my eyes are so burny and stingy all of the time...they are really sensitive but this is horrible? Any one else? I tried leaving makeup off but then my eyes get redder and itch then burn and sting even worse! Any tips or supplements etc that'll help? By the end of the day my eyes feel like I've been peeling onions all day and it increases the pain in my face...I've tried drops.
    TIA Shelbo
  2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I can relate with the daily headaches, just yesterday I thought for sure I could feel all the bones in my face crack and believed that my skull was going to crack open any moment and my brain explode.
    I believe however mine are related to myofascial pain, have you looked into this?

My eyes get red and sometimes bloodshot and I look like I've been smoking joints non-stop for a month, I also feel that I can't move them and that they "hang" like a drunk person, understand what I mean?
    I think it is headache related but I also have dry eyes and find that since I've been using Teargel everyday 5 times a day it is better.
    Cucumbers also work but only for a little while.

Phoebe
  3. allie42

allie42 Guest

I've had dry itchy eyes for a couple of years, but didn't necessarily associate it with all the other FMS symptoms which I have. I see an eye surgeon once a year because of a family history of detached retinas and macular degeneration. That doctor gave me eye drops for "allergies" and one for dry eyes. The drops seem to help most if I use the drops at night,in which case I have a pretty good day. However, by the end of the day, I've rubbed mascara onto my cheeks, and yet again, I look like a racoon!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/12/2005]
  4. taniar

taniar New Member

all the time. Occasionally when I have a decent rest, which is not often, it is less.

Diagnosed with dry eye syndrome. There is allegedly a surgery to the eyelids that can help. Thanks a lot.
    When I get the headaches it is so much worse.

Do be careful not to use visine. I have to use artifical tears and in single doses because they do not have preservatives.

Hope we all feel better, Tania
  5. allie42

allie42 Guest

I'm quite certain I work in a building where there is mold. Here in Central Florida we were hit hard by three hurricanes just about a year ago. The building I work in (on the second floor)has had a leaky roof since the day we moved into it 16 years ago. Half a million dollars of roof work stopped the leakes about 10 years ago, but then came these storms and broke the seals on the flat roof. They've fixed it, but we ALL have a dry choking cough from time to time. I'm sure the building was never checked for mold.

I absolutely agree that carpet is very bad. We're taking ours out.