A Personal Question....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doloresf1, Jun 12, 2008.

1. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

How many still enjoy a hot cup of coffee in the morning, even when the weather is hot?

Personally, I still need my hot coffee. Ice tea is fine for me any other time of the day. But, mornings I need my coffee.

How about you?

Hugs,
    dolores
  2. glasses

glasses New Member

yes i like my coffee in the morings

norma
  3. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Yes, I'll bet there are a lot of us coffee drinkers.

Hugs,
    dolores
  4. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

But, I never could make good iced coffee. I wish I could though.

Hugs,
    dolores
  5. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I was restricted to Decaf for a long time. I just recently got my doctor's okay to have some caffein again. Since I'm on Vicodin now, I need the caffein to push through the sleepiness.

That Celiac is something else, at least that's what I hear. So many diet restrictions! And I'm hearing more and more people are bieng diagnosed with it :(

Hugs,
    dolores
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

...no matter what. Two cups in the morning.

I don't like tea particularly, so I drink other things, but coffee=morning.

Yeah!

Sue
  7. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I like my coffee in a mug. And I like my tea in a cup.

Take care.

hugs,
    dolores
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am a brit here in USA and I drink hot tea at ant temperature weather wise.

Love Annie
  9. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

As a Brit, what kind of tea do you like? I have some good English Breakfast tea on hand. Brits like good tea, I know.

Hugs,
    dolores
  10. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

I love hot coffee in the morning. I must have it.
  11. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I often use that cup of coffee as motivation to get out of bed, don't you?

Hugs,
    dolores
  12. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

Yes, the smell, the taste, the warmth. It is one of my motivators out of bed! A hot shower if I have muscle pain is my second best motivator.

13. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I've never had Organic French Roast but it sounds nice. I like Ovaltine too. Mostly I enjoy that hot in the Wintertime, but when I was a kid we drank it in cold milk.

Hope you're having a good weekend!

Hugs,
    dolores
  14. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

HaHaHa! That is so funny!

Caffein is such an energy boost for me too.

Hugs,
    dolores
  15. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I was told by Drs. & "experts" to stay clear of several things.....especially things with caffeine. This I did religiously for 2 1/2 to 3 years. I noticed a slow but continual increased energy loss. So , I started drinking tea , coffee , and some other "no-no's". I started regaining a little energy over time.

At least for me , all the hype about caffeine is just so much hooey and fertilizer that should be discarded and/or used in the garden. :>) .......ROFL......

BRING ON THE COFFEE AND TEA !
  16. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I agree!

I was told to cut out all caffein early on in my fibro. It keeps you awake at night, they said.

But, now because I began pain pills, I'm told to take caffein in any form to push through the drowsiness caused by the meds. Of course, I cannot drink a barrel of coffee or tea. But, in moderation it helps.

Thank you for sharing. And have a great evening!

Hugs,
    dolores
  17. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I have to have my morning coffee no matter how hot the temp is. When I was assitant director at a day care it was a joke that no one complained or had a problem until they saw a coffee cup in my hand. LOL.
  18. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hi Dolores et al,

I am guessing that you like the leaded stuff. I love coffee of any kind .. However, with these dd's I find that I cannot always tolerate it especially the reg. Lately I have been having hot (decaff) tea, mostly the green tea. I have been mixing my Benefiber in it in the morning and along with my special yogurt and it seems to be helping my regularity. I think the hot water is good plus the Benefiber which has no taste, color or texture unlike Metamucil, etc. BTW, I also have hi b/p which I am trying to control. That is another reason for the no caffiene.

Oh I know regularity is horrible subject to talk about but I have always has these problems and I kknow many do here that is why I mentioned it.Yes, it is HOT outside but Idrink it in the mornings so it doesn't bother me but seems to help "my problems".

Yes, I wish I could drink a nice big cup of real coffee but I am also afraid of more urinary tract infections which it seems to aggravate or get me started with.

Hugs and blessings to all you coffee (and tea) drinkers !

Granni
  19. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

Indeed , caffeine is not for everyone ! There is no one approach or idea that works for all of us. If there was , there wouldn't be seemly hundreds of approaches.

As far as your reference about regularity , I'll phrase it this way and hope no one takes offense : If you don't go , you will explode. :>) LOL.

<Had to edit.... my usual PP approach posted instead of moving down to PP.>

We all must do what is best for each individual.

Blessings ,

b/c

[This Message was Edited on 06/15/2008]
  20. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Hi All:

Thanks for posting. Yes, in no way can everyone handle caffein. There are medical problems to consider. Always, always follow your own doctor's advice. I, in no way was advising anyone to go ahead and drink Leaded Coffee, etc.

I was just happy when my own doctor said go ahead and have coffee, tea, chocolate. But, he may well advise me otherwise sometime in the future, as he has in the past. Right now I can handle it.

Granny, I cannot handle green tea, for some reason. It upsets my stomach. We are all so different, aren't we?

Hugs to all of you!
    dolores