A picture for Faye & all. It's FINALLY WORKED!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Alyndra, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Oh am I so happy to be posting this!

The past few years with Qwanto have been so frusterating trying to figure out why she was plucking her feathers...

BUT!! You can look at the pic in my profile - and you'll see her with more feathers then she's ever had in the past 4 years!!

Amitriptyline was the key for her!

You'll even see from the picture that she's REALLY taken to Taijo. Now that she lets him preen her, she has even less chance to pluck her feathers!

They cuddle and give kisses aaaaaaaaall day now.

Though, she still picks on him when she gets the chance.

Just wanted to share the pic with everyone who helped me from going insane trying to get her better!!

[This Message was Edited on 03/15/2006]
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

how cute! That is so great that she got better! That is so important for her to function in her birdie-life. I have a paraceet lady who was jumpy and hopeless, I then got a finch, never thought much of it. He wanted out of the cage, so I started to leave it open. He was not happy enough, wanted in to HER cage! I was reluctant, thought she would peck his little head off. He jumped in, started eating her food (men!), and they became best buddies. They sleep together, sitting as close as they can! He is a small finch, she is a bigger bird. My gosh! I DO have a pic, maybe I should upload it,,,when they cuddle,,,LOL!
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Oh.... they are sooo cute!!

I don't know much about birds....but these are just darling!
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Amanada,
    Thanks for the great photo of them. What a pair! lol Qwanto and Taijo really make me laugh and put a smile on my face this morning.

They have such beautiful colors that is one thing I love about birds are their vibrant colors. I would just love to pick them up and give them a big kiss on their beaks. lol

Thanks for letting me see them again. I just LOVE it!

Hope you are doing well. :)

Love,
    Faye
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

What darling birds! (-: I'm not a big bird person, but parakeets are OK. Actually, my cat would probably love them! Only kidding.

Glad they are getting better....what a sweet thing to see this AM.

Take care,
    Sue
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Great Pic, Alyndra

How old are your woodpeckers?

Love the names. I assume Qwanto was named after a Marine Base and Taijo for the Japanese Chief of Staff in WWII.

For those who love birds, check out The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill by Mark Bittner. It's a memoir, not a How to Identify.
  7. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

It's funny how something as simple as a bird having feathers can brighten up my day! lol

To Sue - I think sometimes this obessive compulsive feather thing with Qwanto would be easier if she was a Parakeet! She's actually a breed of Parrot, though! She's leads a VERY routine lifestyle. If she's fed, put to bed, or handled at the wrong time of day - she'll hold a grudge over it for days!!

This past week I've had a bit of a cold and haven't been giving her any kisses, and she is SO mad about it - she won't come anywhere near me right now! She's even resorted to going to my boyfriend of which she otherwise hates. lol

And Rock - These little woodpeckers definately fit better into the rug rat/ankle biter category!

Since Qwanto never quite learned how to fly (she flaps, but has NO navigational skips) she tends to run around on the floor alot. Of course because she's on the floor - Taijo joins her down there even though he can fly like a devil. Both of them will chew any and everything they can!

Qwanto is a 6 year old female Pacfic Lucida Parrotlet and is actually a Dwarf for her species, and Taijo is a 1 year old male Pacific Parrotlet.

As for their names? lol

I can't really say I had ever heard them before, and didn't do any research for meanings.

They were one of those things that were just "there" when I was deciding.

Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to get a picture of Qwanto and a full belly of feathers!

~Amanda