A Poem "BARE" as requested

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by poeticbobbi, May 9, 2007.

1. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

This is one of many.
    I am honoring a request.

If I strip down to the barest of me
    can I trust that you won't judge what you see?
    Uncovered and completely naked to the world
    will you see me or just another ordinary girl?
    Would the sight cause you to turn away in shame?
    Or would you be drawn to my openness and glad to remain?
    Can I trust you to support me even then, even when?
    When Im right, wrong or indifferent can you still be my friend?
    Okay, so here goes,my inner me with no clothes
    Stripped, uncovered,bare,naked amongst friends and amongst foes
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Most of the stuff I've written is in storage. But here's something I wrote 6 years ago when my granddaughter was born:

Oh, to be in fair Seattle.
    Life has burgeoned; It's a girl.

I shall have to buy a rattle-
    View w/ pleasure-watch her twirl.

I suppose she'll keep folks busy
    Acting up (those terrible twos).

Charm and beauty make us dizzy;
    Laughing while she coos and goos.

All the joy life can encompass
    In its ups and downs; alarms.

Remember, now and then a rumpus
    Ends in parents' loving arms.

If you want to know my granddaughter's name, see the first letter of each line.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Olivia Claire: Beautiful Name and poem!
  4. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

How creative to spell out her name.NICE!!!
  5. rockgor

you want to see more, Linda. There isn't any more. She's bare.

(Haha. This is a joke. Nobody get offended. Please don't throw me off the board.)

Despite the title, I don't think it's a poem about nudity. I think it's about being emotionally honest and the trust between friends.

What did you intend, Bobbi?
  6. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

The chance to meet you was such a fine
    Gift, if not I would be lonely and my spirit adrift.

My heart and my soul I do give to you,
    When I pour into this mix of kindly people brew.

Your knowledge does lift me and helps me feel strong,
    Your company soothes me all day and night long.

You have given me kindness for which I must say
    I'll keep with me always, especially on dark days.

So write in my mind and I will in yours,
    And together we will more than endure,

This condition.

7. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

I really liked your poem. Your use of the self and body was cool :) Simile? Metaphor? Whatever the message was touching...

You are a very gifted fellow. Loved the poem and the construction. Your granddaughter's name is beautiful :)

You guys just inspired me to write my little silliness...

Linda where is your poem?

A couple of years ago, I had a good net friend that taught h.s. English & literature. She tried her best to teach me how to write poetry. I failed the course.

She had several poems published in some literary type magazines. I forget the titles...

Linda how's life? Hope all is well. Bless the Cops. They're our heroes. I sure couldn't be one. How could you not let seeing child/spousal abuse day after day, get to you? Does your DH ever talk about things that are disturbing?

My teacher the wife (lol) use to tell me horror stories about abused children. How children spent the night in the car while their Mom was in a motel room...These were people in the community. Sometimes I wanted to get up and go do some bodily harm. Most times one parent was already in jail. Enough of that!

Denver is looming large in my mind. I don't want to go! I feel like a child....being made to...

Y'all be hanging tough and all,

8. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I enjoyed reading these.

Keep them coming.
  9. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I shared a poem a while back and i think i got two responses!! Rock, and Fight. (thank you)

You must be a better poet and i didn't know it!!:0)

P.S. I'm being "bare" with you all, or is that more like, bear! LOL
  10. rockgor

Bobbi. You got more than two responses. Count again. And your poem was wonderful.

I'm going to dig around and see if I can find any of my old bits and pieces. Haha

Thanks Ken, Sis, Andy, Linda. Andy your verse has a rugged masculine quality. Just the thing for a collection of cowboy poetry.

You know that old saying, If a thing is worth doing it's worth doing well.

Well, when you do things for your own enjoyment, you can set your own standards. If you enjoy playing the piano, then do it. Doesn't matter if you're lousy compared to the pros.

Oh, good grief. Here comes Charlie limping again. He was limping a couple days ago. Same paw too. I think he has too much tom cat testosterone.

Huckle is a much smarter cat. He avoids fights.

P.S. We had a thread of limericks last year. Home-made or store-bought. Doesn't matter.
  11. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

Thanks so much Ken :) I'll bet you are good at this. Why not lay one down? No rules for me. Just some art from the heart.

It is much fun regardless of the literary quality. We are at a point in our lives where we finally have the time to play within our minds and create word piles :) We are very fortunate to have a brilliant motivational leader, the Rock, to guide our artful play. Credit given where credit is due.

I feel that I am at the right place, at the right time for the very first time in my life. That means a lot to me. Some type of spiritual healing going on. I am dealing with alcoholism. Not with myself, but a family member is very sick. So, this is my great escape from trying to move an immovable object.

Writing this poem and having it critiqued, helped me to realize that I am my past collective, tribal experiences and programming received from those around me, as I grew up. I cannot escape who I am. (No matter how hard I try, lol)

Rock thanks for the critique, although I was always an Indian, when a boy and playing "cowboys and indians". I guess it is the rebellious rebel in me, or possibly the 1/8 Indian blood flowing in these pipes :)

Thanks again Ken and I want to see a poem from you.

Injun Andy
  12. Fmandy

Fmandy New Member

I was writing while you were, except it took me a lot longer, to finish, lol.

Now playing a piano is real art, or is it music? Ha ha...
    I use to could pick a little guitar but would find it hard to do now.

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoyed the struggle...

Hey your book of poetry you bought from the cowboy might be Worth a fortune some day....

Where did Poeticbobbi run off to?

Take good care Lindy Woc :) and you had better get some nice gifts today.

13. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Well it took me a couple of days, but i looked up the word, Ursine!

A play on my own words, Ursine; relating to a bear, or bear family. suggesting or characteristics of a bear!

If the shoe fits, i think i'll wear it, well only sometimes! :0)

Well, no poems out of me right now,
    but everyone keep at it! Words are great!