A poll of our symptoms for those that are new and wonder

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onesmileymyley, Feb 16, 2003.

1. onesmileymyley

onesmileymyley New Member

Lets give all those that are new a piece of mind and list our symptoms for them so they may compare.
    mine are
    1} very sore ribs
    2} dizzy
    3} weakness
    4} very very tired
    5} headachs
    6} forgetfullness
    7} sore hips, back and neck
    8} thyroid disease
    9} tummy problems but can't figure out why all the pain.
    10} I also have cfs and myofacial pain syndrom.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/17/2003]
  2. sssupermom

sssupermom New Member

This information is good I was wondering what we have in common such as:
    the places we live and lived
    the ethinc background
    line of wk
    hormone levels if tested
    how it started, for example mine started with neck pain and then sleeplesness
    if all points hurt if not which ones and what those people have in common
    even if there is a correlation with the increase in pain and the weather with differentt symptoms for example:
    my friend says she has FM but she sleeps like a baby
    I got tons of things in mind
  3. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

This would be a good poll, if we could maybe have a LIST of symptoms, then Check off our own...
    If each of us were to fill in all our own different symptoms--- it would just be too long & confusing-
    I don't know how we would do something that would be informative and NOT confusing, you know?
    Any Ideas?
  4. Notonline

Notonline New Member

I'm new & wondering still yet. Sorry if I intruded on this poll..couple of questions.

1} sore ribs. Is this all the time for most? I get this when I do too much, or I'm extremely tired. Feels like someone squeezing me to death, VERY painful. Went crying to Emer. room once after not sleeping for 3 days, doctor told me it was muscle or something between the ribs that swells? Can't remember exactely.

2} dizziness, some days worse than others.
    3} Weakness...yep, especially legs & arms somedays
    4} tired...always
    5} headaches...yep
    6} forgetfullness...well I haven't put the checkbook in the freezer yet (saw that post), but don't be surprised if you find my mail in the fridge.
    7} sore hips occasionally, lower legs, arms, back & neck mostly.
    8} thyroid...no
    9} tummy...yep, & IBS
    10} not sure what myofacial pain syndrome is? My jaw hurts, and cracks & pops(loud)...scares the heck out of my hubby when it happens. I try not to yawn around him.

Anyone have problems with anxiety, agoraphobia? I can't stand the cold, and loud noises can drive me nuts.

Yuck...I really am still hoping I don't have this. But my odds are not looking too darn good here.
  5. asmom15

asmom15 New Member

Hi, this is my first time logging on. I am new at this so bear with me. Had to have my daughter help me set it up. I have read alot of your messages many times, but was nervous about answering. I have been to alot of sites and read alot of information on cfs and fm. I suffer with cfs and the doctor thinks I also have fibromyalgia. I read your list of symptons and can relate. It is hard for me to type for long periods of time without having muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders. I started feeling tired about 3 years ago. Up until that time I was very active, being a mom of two girls and juggling a busy schedule. I also used to coach different sports and play softball. My parents both became ill around that time and I have been dealing with their problems too. My life has changed dramatically. I know longer can do the things I used to do. I have become a couch potato. I have alot of anxiety also with this. I cannot walk or stand for long periods of time. Get so tired I cannot drive or do simple household chores. I cannot sleep to good and have alot of dreams, night sweats, joint pain and headaches. I feel depressed and very unhappy. Been to alot of doctors with no help. They all just want to put me on antidepressants. Tried Celexa for a while. It helped with depression but not the pain or the fatigue. Felt zombie like all the time. Had tremors on it so I took myself of of it. I am very sensitive to medications. Have bad withdrawal coming off. I have done alot of reading and research and put myself on a vitamin and supplement program. It seems to help. Doctors think I am crazy. They think I need a therapist so I can be put on the right medicine. I do deal with depression because of this life altering condition. I feel like my life is on hold. Drs. say just rest and do nothing and I should get better. I force myself to do things. I push through the pain for my childrens sake. I probably could go on for hours if my body would let me, because I have so much to talk about. But I have to go now because my shoulders are buring and I have to rest.

Thanks for listening,

asmom15
  6. sssupermom

sssupermom New Member

I believe if we do try to do this poll we can categorize our symptoms in differentt groups because I have yet to experience some of the symptoms I seen alot of you complaint about.

Maybe we have differentt degrees of the disease or something else althougher. But the most important thing is that if we are able to classify each group with similiar complaints maybe we can pinpoint what works for what group? what do you all think?

We can start we just the top 10 symptoms and then match people within the same groups and see what works for each group.
  7. onesmileymyley

onesmileymyley New Member

sssupermom sounds like a pan. why don't you start it up with a new post so it is not so confusing
  8. yayapriestess

yayapriestess New Member

Replying to new and have questions
    I also have problems with loud noises, I call it sensory overload, drives me nuts, can't be comfortable in any high energy places. The cold certainly increases aches and pains for me. Happily I live in South Florida, but even a heated swimming pool is usually too cool unless the ambient temperature is over 85.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/18/2003]