A prayer for my mom UPDATED !!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalley167, Sep 27, 2005.

1. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

My elderly mom's cat didn't come home last night. Mom lives on her own since dad passed away.Her dog and cat are her constant companions, well her cat who never stays away long didn't come home last night his name is Lucky because he was a stray who she adopted a couple f years ago.He loves her to pieces. Maybe some with think it is silly to ask this but I am asking for prayers for the safe return of her friend. She didn't sleep well last night with worry. I drove down her road and called for him, but there was no sign. At least I didn't find him dead. But please if you have time say alittle prayer that he comes home. Thank You....
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2005]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

17 year old cat to bits and I dont know what I'd do if she went missing.

I hope your Mum's cat comes home safely. Please let me know.

love
    Rosie
  3. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I'm so sorry this has happened. :-(

After this happened to me once I never let my cats outside again. When he comes home, do you think you can get your mom to make him an indoor only cat?

I used to be a vet tech, and cats who are indoor only live much longer lives than those who go outside. Outside cats can be injured,pick up disease, get lost or abused.

AGain, I'm so sorry, I know what it feels like and I send my prayers that Lucky comes home today.
    Keep us updated, okay?[This Message was Edited on 09/27/2005]
  4. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

asked her to keep him inside if he comes home. So I think she will. I will keep you updated. I just feel awful for her. My daughter is going to her house before she has to work and try and see if she can find him. Mom will be devesated if he doesn't come home.
  5. kbak

kbak Member

Oh your poor mom!! I lost the cat I loved to pieces last yr. Thought I would never stop crying. I will pray for the cats safe return. There is nothing silly about the deep love we have for our pets.
  6. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

...very soon. I know how upset your mom is. Two of my very loved three indoor cats snuck out of the house not too long ago. Miss Sassy returned three weeks later. She was very skinny but not dirty at all. The vet said she probably ran into someone's open garage and the peoploe didn't know she was there and closed the garage door and then went on vacation or something and when they came back she ran back home. She was very weak and very hungry. Our little boy, Gabby, still has not returned. We think he is sitting on someone's lap being petted and spoiled because he is a love and would have gone up to them where Sassy would not.

Cats are resiliant and sometimes are having fun excursions, especially out door cats. They take their time coming home. You may want to shake a bag of treats and call him around the time he is usually fed.
  7. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

She called me last night at about 6:30pm she went out calling for him again and spotted him buy the neighbors house. He wouldn't come past it without her carrying him. He seemed frightened by something. But he is ok. She is so happy and I thank all of you for your prayers. It truely is great how this site and all the people on here care. I am blessed to be a part of all of this.
    She said she will try and keep him in now so this won't happen again. She thinks the neighbor had someone visiting that brought a big dog and let it run and maybe he had him treed and he then was afraid to come back by the house. But he is safely home now. God has answered our prayers. Again Thanks to you all !!
  8. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

for their prayers because she knows it was God who brought him back to her. This cat has been a great Joy to her. And she said she is so happy that there are so many good people out there who would pray for his safe return. Thanks again !
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just saw this or I would have prayed. At lease, I can say a prayer of thanksgiving.

Love, Mikie
  10. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

THANK GOD!!!

I am SO HAPPY for all three of you kalley167!!

What a relief!

Just so you know, and you can tell your grandmom, I had a cat Amber who was an outside cat, and when I made her an inside cat she meowed for about a week to get out. Would hunker by the door and be miserable and loud. Just ignore it and they "get it" and they adjust.

She became a better companion after that, because she did not have the distractions of the outside to interfere with her time with me. I became her world, instead of the world outside.

Cats adjust amazingly, and she will be a better companion and a safer one for your grandmom!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/28/2005]
  11. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

What a relief! I'm thrilled for you all!