A prayer for Veteran's Day

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by CJ-Tex, Nov 10, 2002.

1. CJ-Tex

CJ-Tex New Member

Today is a special day in both the U.S. and Canada (Remembrance Day). Let us remember and honor our veterans today. They give so much so that we may enjoy the kind of life we have.

Heavenly Father today we honor those who have fought in so many battles to preserve our freedom. Lord those who have paid the ultimate price are remembered today with love and pride. We pray that we are able to be able to build upon the sacrifices of these brave men and women and have a lifestyle befitting such courage. Father help us to be stronger, more moral people who have some of that same courage to live in this imperfect world. Watch over the people in our armed forces and show Your love to the families of those gone before and those who are willing to fight for us today. These things I ask in Jesus' name. Amen

I come from a long line of veterans and I hope you will join me in honoring them today. Fly your flag, wear a ribbon, shake the hand of one who has served and thank them.

In faith,
    C J
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

I come from a long line of veterans too going back to the Spanish American War and possibly the Revolutionary War. As I research more and learn more of history I appreciate them more and honor them on this day. As a child growing up these people were just my relatives, now I realize they were also a part of history.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

My flag has been flying since the WTC, and will continue to do so. I pray often for the men in the military, and especially on their day.

I also come from a long line of Military men. Plus I am a history buff.

I have prayed, and continue to do so. Without these brave men, we would not live as we do in this country that was founded on the Word of God, and paid for by the blood of the men who fought to keep it free.

Thanks for your post, it was most appreciated.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. guest

guest Guest

CJ,
    My flag has been flying for along time. I already had one when everyone was out trying to buy one in a panic after 9/11. I was discouraged that everyone didnt already have one but that is not my place. I am proud of our country and the men and women who have given me the home I live in now.
    I also honor the men and women who fought to give us our freedom. I have a very good fried who has 4 bullet wounds (obviously now healed) from serving his country. I am grateful that he is alive today.
    thank you for your prayer. I also thank you for the previous prayer for my family.

Best to you
    Paula