a producers tribute to Buck

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by lovethesun, Aug 25, 2006.

1. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I pasted this article for all to read.

Subject: Buck Page, what a great friend and

Hi everyone

Yesterday afternoon the world lost a wonderful friend

Buck Page passed away in his home, peacefully

He had not been sick and after just turning 84 a couple months ago we all marveled at his energy and well being

Buck was just finishing up a great summer

In the true Buck Page way he donated his time and performed his last concert for the "National Day of the Cowboy"non-profit organization in Greasewood Flats, AZ. Over 3000 people gathered to enjoy Buck's unique passion for his lifetime love of Western Music which he shared with the people to encourage the preservation of our Western Heritage and Cowboy Culture.

As I'm sitting here tryin to let you all know about our loss I find myself at a loss for words.

Buck just isn't a man that I can describe in a short letter to all of you.

He loved us all and we all loved Buck

I will be planning a service to celebrate his life and to pay honor to all of the lives Buck was a part of and touched in his unique way.

I think that it is safe to say that Buck was one of the last of the Singing Cowboys from an era that helped build what we now call Western Music.

Buck was a man of faith and I had the privilege to spend time with him and the Lord in prayer together.

For all of us who believe in Christ and his promise to us we can enjoy the thought of knowing Buck is safe in the care of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I will make sure I send out the information on the upcoming service to all of you in the near future.

Please forward this email to anyone you feel would like to know

Best of regards
    Gary Bright

from the Source entertainment group
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2006]
  2. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Lovethesun

Thank you for posting this

Sounds like Buck was a wonderful person and a person that was very much worth knowing. I wish I had known him too because it sounds like the world lost a very good person

I do not know much about him and I am glad that I know more now because you told us about him and his life

May God bless his friends and family as they remember him now only in their hearts, but may they know that he is one of Gods Amazing Angels now and free of pain

He will always be in your heart

God Bless
    kgangel
  3. tlayne

tlayne Member

Thank you for this post. I wasn't sure how to put Buck on the prayer list. I just had a feeling that he had passed or was about to pass. I kinda took a leap in my post about his needs.

I know that he is with our Lord! I can imagen the joy, love, and completeness that he has passed into! Love you, Tam